Question of the Day - June 20th - Friday!

snosrap5

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Friday's question of the day is actually several questions.

Where is your favorite place to relax? When was the last time you REALLY relaxed? What do you consider relaxing? (exercise, reading, hot-tub, running, quiet time)

I have two favorite places to relax. My backyard on the swing and a small corner in my living room on the couch.

It's actually been a crazy few weeks and I've not been able to REALLY relax for a good long time. I'm hoping to have a nice quiet relaxing weekend.

Relaxing to me is reading when I'm at home. Or getting away for the weekend to a hotel on the beach with no TV or computers.
It just depends on how stressful my week or my kids have been.

baloneysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by snosrap5

Friday's question of the day is actually several questions.

Where is your favorite place to relax? When was the last time you REALLY relaxed? What do you consider relaxing? (exercise, reading, hot-tub, running, quiet time)
My absolute favorite place to relax is in the tub filled with bubbles and warm/hot water. I will dim the lights, grab my book, get a glass of wine and tell my boyfriend to keep it down. I love it because itâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s also my babies favorite time. Capone will lie on the side of the tub (although heâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s so fat now its more like he oozes on the side LOL) and stare at me lovingly, occasionally he will try and play with my book, then I will play finger wag with him. Bugsy usually sleeps on the towel we lay out on the counter and the dog just lays down and relaxes on the floor beside the tub. Itâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s just a very loving, relaxing atmosphere.

Relaxing to me is reading, watching TV, walking the dog. Anything quiet, preferable surrounded by my loved ones. I try and relax a few times a week. I walk my dog everyday and try to take a warm bath every second day.

carley

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
When I need to relax all I really want is a nice, long nap. Zzzz!

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, it depends. At home I love nothing more than taking a book into a nice warm bubble bath for a good soak. Unfortunately I haven't been able to do that in years and last time it was in a friend's tub.
So, I don't really unwind when I'm at home. Ok, that's not entirely true... DH and I do enjoy getting a little buzz on and playing video games which is a blast!

I do get to relax at my inlaws. They live in a tiny town and things are just slower and calmer there.

As for vacations as long as there's water near by I'm a happy camper... which reminds me I find camping pretty relaxing, especially at night sitting around the fire just enjoying the sounds and smells and conversation.

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I am really stressed we get a cabin in Gatlinburg TN, in the Smoky Mountains, there is something about it that just makes me feel so good there!! We do this several times a year
At home I get in the hot tub at night and look at the stars, and napping always helps, you don't have to think

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My favorite way to relax is to unwind in the evening, by curling up on the sofa on the sunporch, with a glass of white wine, a good book and the kitties. I have a beautiful Arias windchime, that sounds lovely in the breeze. There are some wrens that sing in the evening, and when it gets almost dark, I can watch the bats flying around over the raspberry patch. Unfortunately, my life has been so hectic, that I haven't had the opportunity to do any of this yet this year. I spent nearly every evening out in the sunporch last summer.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The most relaxed and peaceful I can be is either at the ocean or the mountains. I love both and both are very relaxing. On a smaller scale of relaxing, shopping relaxes me and exercising makes me feel more relaxed. I find it hard to wind down daily, though, truly relax, except I guess when Im sleeping

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How could I forget? Maybe because I don't do it often enough... but I LOVE yoga. I feel really good, calm and relaxed after a nice yoga session.

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love the parks in NYC and really make use of them, whether I'm running, riding my bike, or just sitting and reading. There's Central Park, especially, or they've made the Hudson River very accessible now, and there are pocket parks all along the length of it, from Battery Park at the southern tip of Manhattan, to the George Washington Bridge near the northern end.

Nothing like sitting by the water and reading.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
dear Eva!...
congratulations that´s a really great question my friend, ..I love you imagination and dedication to your fridays!...

Let see...

I have 3 places to get really relaxed and depends of the hour too...

1.- Firts the back yard...
...sitting under my bananas trees...
hearing the birds sing and the crickets too,,....oh I love the summer nights!....

2.-Second place....the beach.... that are close to my city....
......who can resist to this relaxovision here...

3- a Spa on Reef club on Telchac Beach...

http://www.discoverymexico.com.mx/Ho.../Reef_Yucatan/

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really wish we had money to get a home in the country. I find riding my horse as the most relaxing thing. The outdoors is so calming and wonderful! The last time I rode was a few days ago, so that was the last time I really relaxed.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CoolCat

dear Eva!...
congratulations that´s a really great question my friend, ..I love you imagination and dedication to your fridays!...

Let see...

hearing the birds sing and the crickets too,,....oh I love the summer nights!....
Rigel, If I had your back yard I think I'd be perpetually relaxed all the time!

lauracatlover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My favourite place to relax is obviously on the back of Monty, he has such a smooth comfy trot, although now and again does what the heck he likes, so I have be aware. Still relaxing though - and a good workout!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

snosrap5

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by CoolCat

dear Eva!...

Let see...

OMG!!! I just love your backyard Rigel!! I will have to take a few pics of mine for you! I so want your banana tree!!!
I have a blood orange tree but it's still a baby. In a few years I hope to have fruit.

I'm trying to find an avocado tree and lime tree.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by twstychik

Rigel, If I had your back yard I think I'd be perpetually relaxed all the time!
Originally Posted by snosrap5

OMG!!! I just love your backyard Rigel!! I will have to take a few pics of mine for you! I so want your banana tree!!!
I have a blood orange tree but it's still a baby. In a few years I hope to have fruit.

I'm trying to find an avocado tree and lime tree.
Thank you Chicks!...
for your compliments!...

did you imagine a hammock next to the mango tree?....

Eva I hope you find soon your avocado & Lime tree soon...

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I really need to relax I like to take a long walk along the fitness trail that basically runs for miles around my hometown, I can access it just down the street from my house and it runs throw seveal wooded areas, as well along the shorefront of Georgian Bay..The scenery is fantastic and it is very quiet and peaceful..

Also long soak in the tub with scent bath salts in lavender, lilac or lily of the valley also are great..

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
To relax, I like to either sleep or lounge in bed. It just makes me feel warm and comfortable to not do anything.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For me its right here in my computer chair surfing away..either that or taking a Sunday afternoon nap with Trout.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I like to relax on the couch and watch TV with my kitties....that's as long as everyone is behaving
There's always someone who's got to be in a frisky mood though!