Weight lose rant

baloneysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Today sucks. Awhile ago I decided to lose 25 pounds to get to my idea weight. Of course itâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s probably not practical since that was my weight in high school LOL but I am trying anyway. So I lost 11 pounds! I was so proud of myself, and all I did was stop drinking juices, stopped having my coffee shop muffin for breakfast, drank tea with no sugar or milk instead of coffee, small lifestyle changes like that, so that was actually pretty easy.

Anyway, fast forward to today. I decided to weigh myself since I havenâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t done so in about 2 weeks. I thought I would have lost weight since now I have a dog and take him on two 30min walks a day, as well as the small 5 min walks throughout the day for a pee, I also walk up the stairs in my building (8 flights) a few times a day, as well as walking 15 min at lunch to meet my boyfriend. The only change is I have been getting a low fat Chai latteâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s 3-4 days a week. Anyway…. I gained 5 pounds! I canâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t believe it!! I am working out way more then I was before (wasnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t doing anything before) and all I do is add a 300 calorie (I think thatâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s what it is) drink to my day and I gain 5 pounds?

My boyfriend is very sweet, but lets just say he wont be teaching any “how to talk to a women and not get in trouble†classes
. He tells me this morning I need to work out more, so of course I freak out because Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]m already feeling down so he writes me a huge apology telling me he thinks I am beautiful and not over weight but states I need to be open to suggestions if I am going to complain about it LOL…..sigh.

Oh well, thatâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s my daily rant. I donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t know what to do now? Its sucks to try really hard and then gain weight.

Thanks for listening!

mer636

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
lol sounds like something a guy would say

congrats on losing the 11 pounds! even though you gained 5 keep with it! Don't give up on your goal I know you can do it

wildfire203

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have been trying to lose weight also and have been slowly but progressivly. One thing that is important is that you completely change your work out routin every 2-3 weeks, because if you do the samething everytime your body adjust to the workout and you stop losing wieght even possiably gain a little. A friend of mine explained it rather well like this: Your body dosen't want to lose wieght it likes being fat it means less work for your body. So when you do the same work out all the time your body adjust so it doesn't have to put in a lot of effort in the work out. It takes roughly about 2-3 weeks for your body to adjust to the work out, so if you change your workout every 2 weeks you will keep your body guessing and should contiune to lose weight. I hope this helps you.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
With all the walking your doing now, could the weight be muscle instead of fat? Muscle weighs more and it sounds like you are working your leg muscles the most. I don't go by weight, I go by how my clothes fit. If something that was snug on me becomes a little loose I'm happy! Weight can also be water retention, especially if it is coming to "that time". I wouldn't worry took much about it as long as you are feeling better. Congrats on the 11 lbs!

greenvillegal

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hey there. I am working on losing weight too. I've lost about 11 lbs as well. There are a few things to remember.

You have to watch your diet. What kinds of things do you eat? Make sure you're getting enough calories, not too much, but not too little. Both can cause you to gain weight or stall.

It does sound like you are walking a lot, and that is great. Sometimes as your body gains muscle the scale goes up. You should also weigh yourself at the same time every week. Take your measurements once a month because even if the scale isn't where you think it should be, your clothes may be looser and that's important. Add some strength training.

I do Weight Watchers online and it's been great. I also just started doing a DVD by Jillian Michaels called 30 Day Shred. WOW, what a workout!

Good luck with your weight loss!

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Take a look at your total calories. That 300 calorie drink may be adding just enough calories that you are taking in more calories instead of burning them.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

baloneysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thanks all! I have written my boyfriend an email saying I am leaving him for you guys and to expect a call from my lawyer with my demands for child support for our two cats and dog LOL. Sheesh men! He called me laughing and apologized again lol.

I am going to stop the Chaiâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s, its true, that 300 calories might be the thing getting me overboard. My food intake is usually a banana and Chai latte for breakfast, lunch is usually pretty small servings of nothing too unhealthy (meaning fast food, I never eat fries anymore, just healthy meals) and dinner (its my favorite food) I stuff myself with a healthy meal. I cook really healthy low calorie meals most of the week but I usually leave one day for something more calories like enchiladas or something.

As for my body, my cloths still fit, some of my dress pants are baggy because I bought them before I lost the 11 pounds. My boobs however are the biggest theyâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]ve ever been lol, not complaining there. I also got a little bit of booty, which I also kind of like. I just hate my thighs and belly.

Maybe I can try weight watchers. I am going on a cruise in December and would really like to wear a bathing suit. Can you join weight watchers and still cook for your family at the same time? My boyfriend wonâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t suffer will he? Or is it they give you recipes and you make as much as you want?

I really hope the muscle thing is true. I have noticed my legs went from no muscle to a little bit. I was also reading up today on how to learn how to jog. With a 6 month old puppy itll help me physically and mentally since I can drain his energy LOL.

Thanks all!

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was going to say that muscle weighs more than fat, so if you gained weight and you have been working out, that may be the reason.

I am a yoyo on my weight. When I lose weight, my doctor points it out and is happy, but if I gain a few pounds, I get read the riot act!
I need to lose weight since I had a stroke in Dec 04. It has taken from that time to now to lose about 30 pounds, but I need to lose about 40 or more pounds. I need to stay away from the breakfast burritos.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by wildfire203

My boyfriend is very sweet, but lets just say he wont be teaching any “how to talk to a women and not get in trouble” classes
. He tells me this morning I need to work out more, so of course I freak out because I’m already feeling down so he writes me a huge apology telling me he thinks I am beautiful and not over weight but states I need to be open to suggestions if I am going to complain about it LOL…..sigh.

Oh well, that’s my daily rant. I don’t know what to do now? Its sucks to try really hard and then gain weight.

Thanks for listening!
I'm very glad he apologized and maybe you could explain to him that men and women are very different. Men complain because they want advice and ideas or solutions. Women complain because we want sympathy in most cases... or we just want to
sometimes!

That said, give it time. It could be water weight... try not to get too discouraged.

Originally Posted by greenvillegal

I do Weight Watchers online and it's been great. I also just started doing a DVD by Jillian Michaels called 30 Day Shred. WOW, what a workout!

Good luck with your weight loss!
Is that the Jillian from Biggest Loser?

Originally Posted by katachtig

Take a look at your total calories. That 300 calorie drink may be adding just enough calories that you are taking in more calories instead of burning them.
I wouldn't cut them out completely if you enjoy them but maybe limit yourself to one a week so as not to over indulge.

pippy-pops

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
www.fatsecret.com

Give that a bash... brilliant website for SUPPORT in loosing weight! You don't have to be following any specific diet but you can logg your calories daily... Look me up... name is chants! Admittedly, haven't been on in a while but still logging!

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As much as I know about HOW to lose weight , I should be a beanpole by now.....however, I really need to put what I know into action, lol! That being said, you're doing a lot of things right, just the small lifestyle changes, things that you can stick with forever diet-wise is the best route to go, because truly, it is a permanant thing, you have to change things and keep them changed, not go back to the "old ways" after you lose the weight.

All that walking and the exercise will help, and as someone already pointed out, muscle weighs more than fat, but it is much more compact AND the more muscle you have, the more fat you'll burn.

I am going to stop the Chai’s, its true, that 300 calories might be the thing getting me overboard. My food intake is usually a banana and Chai latte for breakfast, lunch is usually pretty small servings of nothing too unhealthy (meaning fast food, I never eat fries anymore, just healthy meals) and dinner (its my favorite food) I stuff myself with a healthy meal. I cook really healthy low calorie meals most of the week but I usually leave one day for something more calories like enchiladas or something.
I assume you're buying the latte, so I have a suggestion for you. The tea/coffee area of most grocery stores have a varied selection of teas and coffees.........I don't do chai, because I don't like the flavor personally, but why not make your own drinkk, adding skim milk and splenda if you like it sweet?

Also, having the once in a while "off day" is great too, it keeps you from feeling so deprived when you're on a lower calorie diet, but be prepared to sometimes gain a pound if you happen to weigh the next day or so. One of the other bonuses here is that , like changing your exercise routine, it keeps your body guessing about what kind of calories its getting!

Good luck, and keep up the good work!

greenvillegal

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yes it is Jillian from The Biggest Loser! Let me tell you she doesn't mess around! That workout is 20 minutes but if you put your all into it you are dripping sweat by the end. I love it and it makes me feel really good.

Silvio, you can absolutely cook for your boyfriend on WW! That's the beauty of the program. You can eat MCDonald's if you want, you just have to log it. You can eat anything you want, and WW assigns a points value to it. You get a certain number of points per day based on a test you take and then a certain number of flexy points in case you go over your daily. There is a huge forum of support (I recommend going to the neighbors board and finding people from your state or city) and it's not restricting at all. You can have your chai, and you can have burgers. WW also has a lot of truly tasty recipes too. It will show you how to make lower fat versions of things without skimping on the flavor.

Your boyfriend won't suffer at all!

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey great job for trying and loosing some!!!
It's really hard to change your lifestyle and actually loose weight!

I'm not sure if your interested, but I've been on weight watchers for nearly 3 months and have lost 20 pounds. It's incredibly easy! If you can find a friend who's on it they can give you some pointers and help you decide how many points you should be eating a day. That way you don't have to pay for it if you don't want to. I believe you can buy the point books online.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by greenvillegal

Yes it is Jillian from The Biggest Loser! Let me tell you she doesn't mess around! That workout is 20 minutes but if you put your all into it you are dripping sweat by the end. I love it and it makes me feel really good.
I'm so going to have to find it! I LOVE Jillian even if she is evil!

Originally Posted by EnzoLeya

Hey great job for trying and loosing some!!!
It's really hard to change your lifestyle and actually loose weight!

I'm not sure if your interested, but I've been on weight watchers for nearly 3 months and have lost 20 pounds. It's incredibly easy! If you can find a friend who's on it they can give you some pointers and help you decide how many points you should be eating a day. That way you don't have to pay for it if you don't want to. I believe you can buy the point books online.
You can buy the books, calculator and all the other accessories on line with out actually joining and if you get the right calculator it'll even calculate your points for you. You can also look for promotional memberships and use those to learn how the system works and if you like it.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Even though I would like to shed another 10 pounds sometimes that weight comes in handy when I'm trying to muscle a big shrub root from the ground. So my weight is staying pretty even the past couple of months-but if you knew all the "bad" food I eat daily and still maintain this weight you would be amazed!! If I cut some it out I would drop that weight fairly fast. Who knew "gardening" would burn so many calories!!

But really if your clothes are fitting better you have lost fat and tones up-you should take your measurements.

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by twstychik

You can buy the books, calculator and all the other accessories on line with out actually joining and if you get the right calculator it'll even calculate your points for you. You can also look for promotional memberships and use those to learn how the system works and if you like it.
Thank you for the information! I'll have to look for that calculator!!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
i like fitday.org. it allows you to enter in the foods you eat, describes the protein/carb/fat ratio of the day, plus a calorie count. it's free - just have to register.
hey, you said your boobs & butt are larger... is there any possibility you could be pregnant?

greenvillegal

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yeah I know people say Jillian is evil, but she gets results! She seems to be really hard on the people on TBL but she is trained and knows how far she can push them. On this DVD she isn't too harsh. She is blunt and to the point which is actually good because she doesn't play games with you.