My neighbour needs a brain

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is a single Mom two boys 13 and 15, They are left alone all the time. the 15 is a pretty good kid, the 13 is in trouble constantly she does nothing. Last Friday he threw a hugh party while she was working night shift, she came home to a trashed house. Front window broken, beer bottles everywhere. no we didn't phone the police, All of us neighbours have complained about this kid, we thought this time she'd have to do something. well about 20 kids and young adults just left her house, some carrying some of her belongings, some just hooting and hollering Party tonight. One of these darling is her 13 year old son. as they head to the crack house down the street. She knows he's hanging around these people in their early 20's. but she does absolutely nothing, She is at work , I know even if I phoned her she'd do nothing.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mom of 4

Call Child Protective Services. It is a dangerous situation and it has to addressed.
I am going to make a call tomorrow. I just can't beleive after last weekend, She still isn't doing anything. DH spend two hours talking to her last weekend. She said she realized things were a little out of control, and when she worked night her Mother was going to stay over.

kittybernard

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That's really unfortunate. Thank God denial isn't contagious.

Parents only have so much time to help their children on the right path before they are legally adults. They often choose to enable them instead. Whether they think it's easier, better, trying to be their friend, whatever - all they're going to get in return is "'dang' you, Mom/Dad, for not steering me away from this mess".

mer636

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
sounds like your neighbour not only needs a brain but a kick in the arse to her and her son!

For one thing where was the 15 year old when this was happening? and if that was my kid he would be in SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much trouble he wouldn't be able to leave his room..for the rest of his life!!

Cops need to be called so they can put the fear of god into that kid..

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mer636

sounds like your neighbour not only needs a brain but a kick in the arse to her and her son!

For one thing where was the 15 year old when this was happening? and if that was my kid he would be in SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much trouble he wouldn't be able to leave his room..for the rest of his life!!

Cops need to be called so they can put the fear of god into that kid..
Last night the 15 year and his friends joined in. they invited the whole highschool, the reason I am reluctant to phone, is that I live in a very small town, everybody knows everybody, When you call the police they won't take a complaint without a name, last time I called, the people I called on, confronted me. I am in fear of retaliation.

sneakymom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mbjerkness

She is a single Mom two boys 13 and 15, They are left alone all the time. the 15 is a pretty good kid, the 13 is in trouble constantly she does nothing. Last Friday he threw a hugh party while she was working night shift, she came home to a trashed house. Front window broken, beer bottles everywhere. no we didn't phone the police, All of us neighbours have complained about this kid, we thought this time she'd have to do something. well about 20 kids and young adults just left her house, some carrying some of her belongings, some just hooting and hollering Party tonight. One of these darling is her 13 year old son. as they head to the crack house down the street. She knows he's hanging around these people in their early 20's. but she does absolutely nothing, She is at work , I know even if I phoned her she'd do nothing.
Are you sure you don't live in MY neighborhood

Ugh. A year ago the neighbors from heck moved in with their DARLING (NOT!)
children. Both are out of control. The parents do NOTHING.

And now dad's been kicked out and the sister-in-law has moved in with 2 MORE out of control children (sigh). And a dog that seems to think MY yard is it's yard, and has tried to bite dh, bit dd, and (the kids say) went after Sneaky Pie. On MY property. I didn't see anything on her- so I don't think it did anything.

Ugh. On the one hand- I kind of want these kids in my backyard (with the garage door closed- the kids help themselves to anything they want). At least they're being supervised by ADULTS that care. But on the other hand, they drive me bonkers if they're here for an extended period of time.

It just makes me wonder sometimes why people like that can have as many kids as they want, and then there are aboslutly wonderful people who would make great parents- but can't because of infertility.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

When you call the police they won't take a complaint without a name
So pick a name, any name

mom of 4

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Last night the 15 year and his friends joined in. they invited the whole highschool, the reason I am reluctant to phone, is that I live in a very small town, everybody knows everybody, When you call the police they won't take a complaint without a name, last time I called, the people I called on, confronted me. I am in fear of retaliation.
Don't call the police. Call the state agency for child propection. They are required to not release your name. If the parents come over and ask why you turned them in, just look shocked and say "Someone turned you in? For what?" Lie through your teeth. We do at school.