Originally Posted by zoeysmom
I can see a downfall in my method, but this is the best I could come up with. so:
1) Create the folder by - going to your User CP (dropdown menu at top), under Control Panel menu, click Edit Folders. In the Add New Folders box, enter Resjcat. Save.
2) Search from drop down menu - click advanced search - search by username on left side of screen - enter Persi & Alley. You should also have "sort results by" set at username (ascending, for my method) and "Show results as" set on "threads." Be sure you are searching all open forums.
3) Go to page 40 of the results. I see 4 threads by jcat that Persi & Alley has responded to. Click on the top post.
4) On the "thread tools" menu, select "Subscribe to the thread." When you get to the subscription page, be sure to select the folder "Resjcat", which was created earlier. Click add subscription.
5) Lather, rinse, repeat (or, repeat step 4 for each of the 4 threads on the search results page - use the back button on your browser to return to the page)
DONE! Haha....I have no idea how many steps that counts as. I expect maybe there is a short cut, but I couldn't find it!
PS: I assumed that when you said "posts that jcat had made that Persi & Alley had responded to" as THREADS by jcat.
Your way works and therefore you are today's winner. However, let me point out my way because I have some things I want to make sure everybody is aware of.
My step 1 is exactly the same as yours.
My next step is to NOW click on List Subscriptions.
Next, click on the not so obvious Thread Starter at the top of the list. Also not so obvious is what the heck that means. What it means is sort the list according to the name of the person who started the thread. Scroll to Jcat, perform your step 4 and you are done.
List Subscriptions is a list that includes all theads that YOU have started and all threads others have started that YOU have responded to. As with forums, the list contains bold entries for those that you have not seen since last being updated.
List Subscriptions is in your Options and will be the subject of a future KatKwiz. If you are not seeing a list, go here and see if you can figure out what to do before the KatKwiz question comes out.
Having said that, YOU are today's winner. CONGRATULATIONS!