Red Xs

belongstoevie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know that means that pictures aren't loading, but just yesterday it's started giving me WAY more red xs. I haven't actually counted, but it sure seems like 75% of all pictures are now just red Xs for me. It really is sad since I just entered for the first time ever in the photo contest, and I can't see my competition!

Is this something going on for everyone? I've done some searching, but I don't see any signs that anyone else is having this problem. This is happeing both for pictures and the little, um, what are they called... The faces and stuff, these things- : )

I've tried this on FOUR different computers, in totally different locations. I've tried right clicking on them and saying "show picture". I've tried emptying my cache on all four comps. I've done it signed in and not (seems worse when I'm signed in). I know we were having problems with the dragon eggs, but this doesn't seem related- it's other pictures. I know other people can see the pictures. I'm on cable or a T1 for all 4 computers. If I do a refresh or retry enough times I can sometimes get pictures to load- you can tell which ones I can make show up, 'cause those are the ones I post to! I'm not having problems with any pictures on other websites or my computers.

I've been on here for a while now- a year or two?- and it just started doing this yesterday. Is this temporary and will pass? Or is there something wrong with my log in?

Sorry if this is something obvious or stupid! And thanks in advance.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

belongstoevie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jaffacake

Ive had that occassionaly but it never lasts for very long. Never longer than a day anyway so I would guess it`s something your end. Not sure why it should be on all PC`s though

I found this if it`s any help.
http://forums.cnet.com/5208-6142_102...ssageID=594873
Thanks for your insight! It got worse, but now it's better! I'd say I'm down to maybe 15% red xs, and I'm sure soon it will be normal! I guess I jumped the gun asking for help.

That link didn't fix the problem, though I loved:

Step 1: Download and install Mozilla Firefox

Step 2: Use the aforementioned program religiously

Step 3: Forget that the previously used program, hereto known as "That Buggy and Insecure Piece of Crap", even exists

Step 4: ???

Step 5: Profit!

Thanks again!

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just read on another forum that Photobucket was hacked earlier this week. I wonder if that might not have something to do with it?