Teapots, kettles, coffee kettles!

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Call me crazy, but I have become a real kitchen woman!

Firstly I have three types of wine glasses, a set of espresso cups, but yet to get the traditional brown and white ones with the cute saucers. I also have many champagne cups, and some wiskey cups and a load of shot glasses.

I absolutely cannot live with out my kettle, It makes my teas and coffess and occasionally i will use the water for gravies and other instant things.

Now, my parents bought me a mini coffee cooker,then i bought my self the biggest one available. I then bought a large teapot to strain my fruity teas, last weekend i bought a cute little asian tea pot set for just 2 EUROS from the flea market, today i was in the turkish shop, and i bought two! yes TWO of the turkish kettles, a small one and a bigger one. I also bought 12 turkish tea cups. You might ask me why all this junk? Because i want my house to look beautiful!!! my Dinner room is going to look sooo awesome with all these european things!
Last weekend i also bought 7 bambels, FH told me i have to give some to the family, but I am going back for MORE!!!!!

*drools must stop shopping...* There are so many kitchen things i want, i had to give the fryer and breadmaker to my parents, soon i have to sell microwave, my beloved mixer, my toaster, toasted cheese maker and my cute kettle. Yes I know they can be replaced but I was very so much attached to them!

My friend gave us an ice crusher for our engagement, so that is out of the way!

Rice cooker...... bread maker...... kitchen junkie!

Anyone else like this??

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
DH and I are total foodies and therefore totally into kitchen stuff. You should see the ammount of knives we have!
When figuring out how much renters insurance we needed (as in the value of all our belongings) the kitchen came in close second only to electronics and that's because we have LOTS of computers (including a new macbook) and lots of other random electronics like TV's and stuff.

binkyhoo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was single for a long time, but now I have Harry. We are cooking like i never had before. It is nice when you can share the chores. We are both getting fat. The "Food channel" is adding to our poundage!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love kitchen stuff!

I'm surprised that you are buying so much stuff right now since you are moving to another country soon. Shlepping all of that stuff "over seas" is going to cost a small fortune.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know, but these things can go in my last clothing box so it will be ok!

I am pretty sure FH doesnt mind because there are certain things that you cant get in Australia, i constantly see that people are buying off ebay or off the US!
I told him i will need to stock up on Bras and Shoes before we leave because frick i can never find decent things, and the fact is i have a size 5/6 foot and most Australians are like a size 8 - 11, all the shoes i find for me are for old grannies!

We only have a few boxes and its only costing us less than 1,000 EUR so its ok, where as if i had a transport company it would cost us 4,000 +

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So what are bambels???
After living here for 20 years I have lots of kitchen stuff-you name it I have it!!

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That great, Fran!
I'm a big loose leaf tea drinker. I can't wait to visit some of the German tea shops!

BTW, there is a certain Karaffe that we have that keeps the tea hot overnight. Do you know any good places to buy those nearby?

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh there are so many things that I would love, but my kitchen is small, and storage is in short supply. I also lack electric outlets on the wall where my countertop is...nice planning on someone's part.
Otherwise I'd have a nice toaster oven, and one of those spiffy KitchenAid mixers"!

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Duchess15

That great, Fran!
I'm a big loose leaf tea drinker. I can't wait to visit some of the German tea shops!

BTW, there is a certain Karaffe that we have that keeps the tea hot overnight. Do you know any good places to buy those nearby?
Not sure, but i am popping out in a bit to pick up some cat food and new runners i will ask in the kitchen shop and then see if they have it in the other cheaper stores

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mom of 4

clixpix, you can check with an electrician to see about having outlets installed, though a tile backsplash may be a problem.
I've looked into it, and it's cost prohibitive. There's no electrical in that wall at all, so they'd have to really do a lot of tearing into the plaster walls to install it.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by clixpix

I've looked into it, and it's cost prohibitive. There's no electrical in that wall at all, so they'd have to really do a lot of tearing into the plaster walls to install it.
Could you not get those multiple outlet things? like there is a long cord and then there are like 10 plugs in one socket things, they have them here for 10 euros in an electrician shop. I use one in my kitchen for the dryer. microwave, toaster ect. It also has a switch which you can turn off when you are not home or not using the kitchen.

pippy-pops

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm afraid I'm a bit of a kitchen gadget girl too! Hard to believe I started off with just a microwave and small on the hob kettle! Now I have fancy convection micro, very fancy tefal kettle, an all singing, dancing toaster, a awesome blender for smoothies etc, and load and loads of other interesting gadgets! We've inherited a really amazing washer drier which weighs the clothes, selects exactly how much powder we needs, knows what fabric is inside, selects it's own wash cycle and depending on the weight, dries the clothes to just air dry-able and then says "Wash and dry cycles complete - thank you!"

My biggest problem though is things to clean with!!!! Oooohhh now that is my downfall!