Please remove any dragons or eggs from your signatures

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
When the Dragon Cave site is down, as is all too often the case, the graphics impair loading times at TCS, as a request for each one has to wait a minimum amount of time before anything else can be loaded. We ask you to limit yourself to a link to your dragons and/or eggs, as a courtesy to other TCS members.

Thank you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by snosrap5

I have removed mine. It was fun while it lasted. Sorry for the problems it caused TCS.
Hopefully people will still follow the links, and click. I personally love the dragons; it's really a shame that they've led to problems loading here.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

Hopefully people will still follow the links, and click. I personally love the dragons; it's really a shame that they've led to problems loading here.
It is a shame. Can we still post specific eggs/hatchlings in dragon specific threads?

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by twstychik

It is a shame. Can we still post specific eggs/hatchlings in dragon specific threads?
Links only, please. The threads still have to be monitored, and many members or guests who are unaware of the loading problems could have trouble when attempting to read such threads, especially if they have dial-up internet.

I tried to access the dragon site about half an hour ago, but there was too much traffic. Perhaps somebody who is a member there could check out whether it allows people to copy an image of one of their dragons, save it to Photobucket or the like, and then to use that image as a siggy? I imagine there are copyright issues involved, but if not, that might be a way to show the brilliant graphics without slowing down TCS.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Links only, please. The threads still have to be monitored, and many members or guests who are unaware of the loading problems could have trouble when attempting to read such threads, especially if they have dial-up internet.

I tried to access the dragon site about half an hour ago, but there was too much traffic. Perhaps somebody who is a member there could check out whether it allows people to copy an image of one of their dragons, save it to Photobucket or the like, and then to use that image as a siggy? I imagine there are copyright issues involved, but if not, that might be a way to show the brilliant graphics without slowing down TCS.
Good idea... I avoid their forums at all costs but if I get a chance I can ask.

So, if we can post links we could still put a link to a specific dragon in our siggy providing that it doesn't have to load the image... like this?

White egg, please clicky!

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I dont know how to make these send people to my scroll but at least it looks pretty! These are 2 of the siggys I have on other forums.... I just put them together, of course not very well but it'll work

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by glitch

Well I dont know how to make these send people to my scroll but at least it looks pretty! These are 2 of the siggys I have on other forums.... I just put them together, of course not very well but it'll work
Did you design them yourself? Meaning, are they non-copyrighted, and would you be willing to allow other TCS members to use them in their siggies to draw attention to their dragon cave links?

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by twstychik

Good idea... I avoid their forums at all costs but if I get a chance I can ask.

So, if we can post links we could still put a link to a specific dragon in our siggy providing that it doesn't have to load the image... like this?

White egg, please clicky!
Yep! That seems fine.

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Did you design them yourself? Meaning, are they non-copyrighted, and would you be willing to allow other TCS members to use them in their siggies to draw attention to their dragon cave links?
I didn't design them at all so Ill take them out, even though they were made for everyone to use at dragonspam... They were made for people who have dragons to use as their signatures and there are several people who have these exact ones already since they were made for all

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This one was made for me specifically.... So can I use it?? I mean... It even has my name on it... Takes me to my scroll... I dont feel like screwing around with photobucket to make another dragon thingy tonite, but if this ones not okay I will tomarrow!

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here are some siggies people can use in place of their own with a link to their dragon cave (same siggy, different colours)
Please upload to your own hosting space as I will probably forget and delete them at some point

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by glitch

This one was made for me specifically.... So can I use it?? I mean... It even has my name on it... Takes me to my scroll... I dont feel like screwing around with photobucket to make another dragon thingy tonite, but if this ones not okay I will tomarrow!
If it was made specificaally for you, I don't think there will be any problem about using the image of it here, but you might want to ask the person who made it if it's okay with him/her.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

Here are some siggies people can use in place of their own with a link to their dragon cave (same siggy, different colours)
Please upload to your own hosting space as I will probably forget and delete them at some point
Eithne, they're gorgeous, and it was really generous of you to make them.
Eithne to the rescue!