DW, I said DW, didn't you hear?

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have seen other members mention that they have included DH in their e-mails and such (away from TCS) without thinking, but have any of you actually used it orally? When I first joined TCS I just could not comprehend who the heck DH was. It seemed that he sure must get around. When I did find out, I decided that since I had never seen DW used (and still have not) that I would start using it. But, only for TCS of course.

Last night my sister-in-law and I were talking and she asked me a question. I said "Oh no, I don't think DW would like that".

SIL said "Dee who"?

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
That's funny. Don't feel bad - I did something worse. At one German site I visit, everybody refers to their partners as "NG", for Nebengeräusch, which is roughly "ambient noise" or "background noise". One day, after having been at the site a few hours the evening before, I actually referred to my husband as "Nebengeräusch" at school.

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

I have seen other members mention that they have included DH in their e-mails and such (away from TCS) without thinking, but have any of you actually used it orally? When I first joined TCS I just could not comprehend who the heck DH was. It seemed that he sure must get around. When I did find out, I decided that since I had never seen DW used (and still have not) that I would start using it. But, only for TCS of course.

Last night my sister-in-law and I were talking and she asked me a question. I said "Oh no, I don't think DW would like that".

SIL said "Dee who"?
funny

meowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I first joined TCS, well lets just say I spent alot of time on Wikipedia looking up things like DSH (domestic short hair) Yeah, it was alot of time

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Meowers

When I first joined TCS, well lets just say I spent alot of time on Wikipedia looking up things like DSH (domestic short hair) Yeah, it was alot of time
see, that's something we could put in the kittypedia! along w/all the other 'internet' abbreviations!

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
GUILTY! Ive done that, only with DH, and LOL and the wt-frog (Ill say frog.. it sounds better online) Embarressing as it may be.. Ive done it! Im just glad someone else has too!

jean-ji

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

That's funny. Don't feel bad - I did something worse. At one German site I visit, everybody refers to their partners as "NG", for Nebengeräusch, which is roughly "ambient noise" or "background noise". One day, after having been at the site a few hours the evening before, I actually referred to my husband as "Nebengeräusch" at school.
Ooh, ambient noise or background noise, how appropriate. Now to decide if that would be him or me.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

I bet that got you a few snickers.

Originally Posted by jean-ji

Ooh, ambient noise or background noise, how appropriate. Now to decide if that would be him or me.
In our house it would be him. I often think he's talking to me and will stop what I'm doing to go see and find he's just talking to himself. I mentioned before when we're watching a movie he talks way too much - he comments on what is happening or being said so that we miss the next things happening and have to rewind all the time.

I refuse to go golfing with him - he's not really keen on golf and I am so he'll be more interested in carrying on conversations with everyone. I keep telling him he has to follow golf etiquette and be ready to play and not keep people waiting while he talks at which point he gets upset with me and thinks I take the game too seriously.
He's a social butterfly!