I'm so proud! I stopped a declawing!

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My boss's daughter has a cat named Corona. She's a little over a year old and his daughter's grandmother wanted to declaw her cat. Well his daughter came to me about an hour ago saying she doesn't want her cat declawed and asked me to talk to her grandmother.
So since I work out of his home, I went and talked to her. I told her about all the alternatives to declawing and showed them Soft Paws.

I showed them pictures of how they declaw a cat and they called immediatly and canceled the appointment they had for tomorrow morning!

We ordered a set of Soft Paws right then too!

She is an orange tabby and will be sporting hot pink Soft Paws in just a few days

I'm so happy they chose not to do the surgery!!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks! I will have to post pics of her sometime!

She's a michevious little thing
She will lay across the keyboard of my desk and bite me when I don't pet her

She also likes to play the "Rub Rub.....BITE!" game with me

Every morning she will rub all over my leg and then clamp down on my calf muscle

I think she smells my kitties and dog and doesn't like it.

They take VERY good care of her too. She's spoiled rotten with all the toys and treat.

belongstoevie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yay yay yay!!

That's such great news, good job! Corona will be forever thankful, even if she doesn't know it.

I keep having these nightmares that my precious little fosters will up in a loving but ignorant home... That's my one fear for them. I know the rescue I'm working with is very careful and that they will get a good home, but when my babies are 1 or 2 years old, the new mommy and daddy may forget what we told them about declawing...

If it ever gets to that point, I hope and pray they have some one like you to save their precious paws!!!

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dixie_Darlin

My boss's daughter has a cat named Corona. She's a little over a year old and his daughter's grandmother wanted to declaw her cat. Well his daughter came to me about an hour ago saying she doesn't want her cat declawed and asked me to talk to her grandmother.
So since I work out of his home, I went and talked to her. I told her about all the alternatives to declawing and showed them Soft Paws.

I showed them pictures of how they declaw a cat and they called immediatly and canceled the appointment they had for tomorrow morning!

We ordered a set of Soft Paws right then too!

She is an orange tabby and will be sporting hot pink Soft Paws in just a few days

I'm so happy they chose not to do the surgery!!!!
Alright.
It's a great feeling isn't it. I was proud when I stopped my MIL from declawing her cat. She didn't realize how cruel it was so I told her all about it.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
WOOHOOOO!!! You're my hero!
As my grandma would have said, "You've earned another gold star for your crown in heaven."

mer636

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I also had a friend of mine thinking of declawing his cat and I was telling him what happends to the poor little cat and how he feels afterwards and he changed his mind
i'm glad to see other people helping out the poor little cats