Oh oh! Bugsy is mad at Daddy.

baloneysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My poor little baby! We just got our new puppy (6 month old German Shepherd/Doberman) on Thursday and my poor little Bugsy is having such a hard time.
He is so used to being the apple of Daddies eye. My boyfriend carries him like a baby everywhere, cuddles him all the time, makes room for him on the bed, talks to him, he treats him like a total princess. All my boyfriend had to do was just look at Bugsy and he would close his eyes are start purring… Well that is all over now.

A puppy is a lot of work and my boyfriend is having trouble doing everything at once (heâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s one of those males that can only do one thing at a time LOL one track mind). He hasnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t been paying much attention to Bugsy. Bugsy has taken to walking up to the dog and swatting him, he will lie there for hours, a foot away from Bruno and just stare this hateful stare. But the one thing that is so sad… he stopped purring for Daddy. My boyfriend will pick him up and there will be no sound at all, he doesnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t even sleep with him anymore!

He still purrs for Mommy. But we never had that super close bond him and my bf had. Poor baby!! My boyfriend said he will spend the night with him tonight and make sure he gives him tons of love.

Also, he has been vomiting lately. Usually he tries to hide it from us. Today at lunch he walked right up to my boyfriend, stared right at him and vomited right in front of him. My poor sensitive boy.

Capone on the other hand is doing alright. But he is more independent. He comes to Mommy for love when he wants (usually 3-5 am). My poor Bugsy.

sweets

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Also, he has been vomiting lately. Usually he tries to hide it from us. Today at lunch he walked right up to my boyfriend, stared right at him and vomited right in front of him. My poor sensitive boy.
Cats will not vomit to make a point. It sounds like the puppy has upset his appetite. Or he isn't being brushed as much now that daddy is occupied. Keep an eye on him, look for other clues. Vomiting is also a sign of other problems.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

baloneysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
This has been a long on going problem. Almost $1,000 later over 4 months we still have no answers. Between the blood tests, X-rays, meds, exams, staying fees, diets, etc its getting ridiculous. I've written here asking for advice so many times. I would never think him vomiting is a cry for attention... We just haven’t figured out why. My point was he did it in front of my boyfriend. He has always, no exception, hid his vomit. So I think he was doing it out of spite. Poor guy.

shanynne

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by silvionc

My poor little baby! We just got our new puppy (6 month old German Shepherd/Doberman) on Thursday and my poor little Bugsy is having such a hard time.
He is so used to being the apple of Daddies eye. My boyfriend carries him like a baby everywhere, cuddles him all the time, makes room for him on the bed, talks to him, he treats him like a total princess. All my boyfriend had to do was just look at Bugsy and he would close his eyes are start purring… Well that is all over now.

A puppy is a lot of work and my boyfriend is having trouble doing everything at once (heâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s one of those males that can only do one thing at a time LOL one track mind). He hasnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t been paying much attention to Bugsy. Bugsy has taken to walking up to the dog and swatting him, he will lie there for hours, a foot away from Bruno and just stare this hateful stare. But the one thing that is so sad… he stopped purring for Daddy. My boyfriend will pick him up and there will be no sound at all, he doesnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t even sleep with him anymore!

He still purrs for Mommy. But we never had that super close bond him and my bf had. Poor baby!! My boyfriend said he will spend the night with him tonight and make sure he gives him tons of love.

Capone on the other hand is doing alright. But he is more independent. He comes to Mommy for love when he wants (usually 3-5 am). My poor Bugsy.
Oh I can completely sympathize with you.

When I brought in the new kitten (Samson) my Rascal was *so* mad at me. He literally stuck his nose up in the air at him with a "hmmph I'm not good enough for you anymore" attitude. I was devastated!

When I would try to pick him up, he would coldly push me away. He wanted nothing to do with me. Basically, he just tolerated me. And sure enough, he went and bonded with my husband. I was so heartbroken.

But I gave him his space and didn't try to push myself on him. It took a long time, several months, but one night and I don't remember how it happened, he let me pick him up and hold him and I just rubbed the top of his head with my lips back and forth, almost like I was grooming him and he seemed to really like that. And after that, he started loving me again!

He still bonds with my husband every single night. It is soooo cute to see. When my husband gets home from he work, Rascal is at the door greeting him with this incredible excited yowl of "finally you're home!" and the two of them spend time together loving and playing.

But he still loves me too! He comes to me demanding that I give him attention each day. What is especially wonderful is that both my boys have come to terms with the fact that I love them both the same.

So tell your darling boyfriend just to be patient, his Bugsy *will* come around.

Shanynne
Extreme Kitty Lover

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

baloneysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Poor baby. Heâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s so mad. At least I am glad its normal. Last night was good, my boyfriend paid extra special attention to him and he purred for him a bit, he also slept between his legs. He still HATES Bruno. This morning, when putting Bruno in his crate Bugsy sat on top of it like he was the king glaring at him. He would then look at Daddy all innocently and cutely and let out a little meow like “What? Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]m just sitting here relaxing†LOL.

So I am glad its going well. My boyfriend said he would make sure to be extra sensitive to his needs so hopefully he will forgive him soon and become his purring little princess again LOL.

I am just so glad Bruno is such a good boy. He pretty much leaves Bugsy alone and when Bugs swats him he just looks confused and walks away.

kittybernard

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Kitty will definitely come around! Sometimes it's days.. months.. year(s) depending on the personality.
If your puppy knows commands, maybe you & your boyfriend can have him perform a handful every once-and-awhile in front of your cat. One of my cats was LIVID with us & the first dog we brought home. Helping her to understand that we control him and that she's still on the proverbial pedestal might make her feel more at ease and less threatened in her place.