Question of The Day - Wednesday, June 18th!

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good morning! I have to be quick, because I have my computer guru coming in about 15 minutes, to check out some problems I've been having with my computer and my printer!

Where is the most distant place you've visited?

I've been to Alaska (only once...can't wait to go back again!!!) My BIL flew my sister and I up to Barrow...in the Arctic Circle...just so we could say we'd been there! It was rather frigid, even in August. I'm kind of a homebody. I don't travel much, except to go to San Diego, to visit my sister.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pookie-poo

Good morning! I have to be quick, because I have my computer guru coming in about 15 minutes, to check out some problems I've been having with my computer and my printer!

Where is the most distant place you've visited?

I've been to Alaska (only once...can't wait to go back again!!!) My BIL flew my sister and I up to Barrow...in the Arctic Circle...just so we could say we'd been there! It was rather frigid, even in August. I'm kind of a homebody. I don't travel much, except to go to San Diego, to visit my sister.
Isla de Pascua (Easter Island) actually named Rapa Nui, which is the most remote place on the planet.

whuckleberry

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

Isla de Pascua (Easter Island) actually named Rapa Nui, which is the most remote place on the planet.
Wow, that must have been amazing!

For me, it was the Philippines.

belongstoevie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, some of you have been some amazing places! I like this question- gives me something to dream about!

The furthest place I've been is either Korea or Kagoshima in Japan. From CA, not sure which is technically farther! Korea is farther west, but Kagoshima is farther south... I tried to Google map it, but all it said was "cannot calculate the driving route".

Edit: No, actually, I think it's Amami Ooshima, also in Japan. That's almost an hour by plane farther south than Kagoshima even!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Furthest east: Belgium or Paris
Furthest north- Armstrong Ontario
Furthest south-Martinique or St Maarten
Furthest West-The Hawaian Islands

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was in High school I had the privilege of spending 3 weeks traveling Australia's entire east coast from Sydney to Cains. It was beautiful and someday I hope to get back with my husband (and kids).