*****KatKwiz! - June 18 - This one oughta take a while!*****

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Other than locked threads and stickies, the username of the Member that made a post that is now the most viewed thread in the history of The Cat Site is _____________________.

Do not tell how you found the answer or you will be disqualified.

rabernet

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Actually, I think I am incorrect - so this is still anyone's game - back after I've done some more looking!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rabernet

I am changing my answer to JusticeLynn with 170,992 views.
If you click on the link in my siggy for KatKwiz rules you will see that you are only allowed to enter one answer per contest. I have asked the board of directors about this and told them that you only had 60 posts and whether we could let you by with a hand slap this time. Both cats agreed to do so. Unless another member objects, YOU are today's winner! We will dispense with the hand slap.

AMAZING! This is another one of those quizzes that I thought might go the full 8 hours with no correct answer. This was a HARD question. I am amazed that somebody with so few posts was able to answer it.
Congratulations!!
There have been now over 200 KatKwizzes and you have the 2nd least number of posts of all time to correctly answer a quiz.

The point of today's quiz was to show an area that KatKwiz has never been before and the one that I thought would trip everybody up. Here is my answer:

First, I went to User CP, and then to Options. It is here that you will find a heading "Thread Display Options". If you set this for all time, it will display every thread ever posted in ALL of the forums. Note that you can do the same thing individually for each of the forums within each forum ("Display Options") but that would chew up precious time.

I next just started going through the forums and clicking on Views (which sorts the forum according to views. I had expected most of you to get tripped up by not having the Display Options set to a long enough time period (for educational reasons, of course).

Anyway, the thread is in the Behavior forum and entitled "please help..cats don't get along".

GOOD JOB!

And now, since noon is approaching, you will find today's KatKwery posted within thirty minutes.

rabernet

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My apologies for the double guess - I guess I thought if I rescinded the first - but NOW I know the rules! Thanks guys!

I actually went into each forum and sorted by Views from the Beginning (at the bottom of the page in each forum) - and yes, it was time consuming. I originally just went into each forum and sorted by views, but realized that it was only showing history for the past month, hence my first guess. When I realized I'd not expanded the time period, that's why I went back and changed my answer.

Would it have been acceptable to just edit the first guess if there were no other's with the same answer that posted before the edit?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rabernet

Would it have been acceptable to just edit the first guess if there were no other's with the same answer that posted before the edit?
No. Because I cannot actually see what you edited so there cannot be an edit to your original answer. (If you have any typos, just leave them or it will look like you are trying to change your answer.) We just want to be fair to everybody.

rabernet

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

No. Because I cannot actually see what you edited so there cannot be an edit to your original answer. (If you have any typos, just leave them or it will look like you are trying to change your answer.) We just want to be fair to everybody.
Gotcha! Thanks! I will make sure to review the rules!

mulenag

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I had expected most of you to get tripped up by not having the Display Options set to a long enough time period (for educational reasons, of course).
Yup!! That's what I did! I was wondering when I was searching if I was getting ALL the threads or only newer ones! Now I know!