Suspected bengal! ID please?

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is a neutered stray. Can anyone tell me if he's a Bengal? His meow is more like a chirp, and he's got bengal's puffy cheeks and those marvellous markings.

Sorry this is not a very good photo. I usually go and visit him at night and the lighting where he hangs out isn't very good. I'll try to get a better one, but for now, check out his markings!

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Looks like he could be. Try to get a face on head shot if you can. Nose color and ears will give a good idea.

crofty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes def bengal with those markings and the chirp meow!!!! He's beautiful
he has nice round ears by the looks of it and thick tail. Be good to see a clearer pic.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The chirp meow is not an identifier in itself, as my moggies chirp more than meow and my bengals make a really loud "merrouw" or "ow-wow" sound.

However, this cat does appear to be a bengal, albeit a pet quality one.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Thanks, everyone, for your advice. I will definitely post again if I can get a headshot of this handsome boy in daylight.

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
my bengal doesn't chirp. She is very vocal and has serious conversations with herself and whoever is listening. I don't even think my other cats can understand Bengal language yet.

Your cat looks like he is a bengal

Is he a stray that hangs out in the street? or is he at a shelter? I would take him home if he was wandering the streets.. poor little fella

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh I would LOVE to take him home! Unfortunately I can't. I don't have cats right now because my parents loathe having animals in the house. I had to adopt my beloved Cassie (in my sig) out to another loving family because of their strong objections.

Benji doesn't wander the streets per se. He stays in an open area in a private housing estate which is near my friend's house. Its got minimum traffic as it is very far from main roads so he's pretty safe there. I can tell that the people living there like having him around because I see cat biscuits and a bowl of water being put out for him. He's been hanging out there for quite a while now, but I only got to know of him recently. Since then, I've been visiting him just to sit with him and play with him quite often. Sometimes I bring good quality food for him in case he's not eating well, but he looks to be in fine physical condition.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by BabyWukong

Oh I would LOVE to take him home! Unfortunately I can't. I don't have cats right now because my parents loathe having animals in the house. I had to adopt my beloved Cassie (in my sig) out to another loving family because of their strong objections.

Benji doesn't wander the streets per se. He stays in an open area in a private housing estate which is near my friend's house. Its got minimum traffic as it is very far from main roads so he's pretty safe there. I can tell that the people living there like having him around because I see cat biscuits and a bowl of water being put out for him. He's been hanging out there for quite a while now, but I only got to know of him recently. Since then, I've been visiting him just to sit with him and play with him quite often. Sometimes I bring good quality food for him in case he's not eating well, but he looks to be in fine physical condition.
Sounds like my mom... I can't have an animal in the house, especially a cat.

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oookay I paid a visit to His Royal Handsomeness AKA Benji the suspected Bengal, grabbed a bunch of shots. Not easy since he'd come straight at me for a solid headbutt whenever he sees me getting ready to take a picture. These are what I could get. Hopefully I can get an ID on him this time

From the top...

Sideview...

Another topshot just for laughs. Check out how his tail rests on my foot while he grooms!

Finally, faceshots. The only way I could catch his face was to distract him with neck skritches and hold his head steady

He looks like he's grinning evilly here...

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
He looks like he might be a Bengal Mix. I don't think he looks like a purebred Bengal. Check his foot pads, Bengal's have black foot pads. Also Bengal's have a different kind of fur than other cats. My Bengal's have really soft velvet type of fur. They feel like a fur coat, that's why they call their fur a pelt instead of fur.

My male Bengal litterally roars when he meows, and he chirps when he's getting in to things, or when he's trying to get in to some mischief, and when he does chirp he walks around chirpping one chirp right after the other, until he finds something to get in to. My female Bengal can get pretty loud when she meows also, but she doesn't chirp that much.

It's hard for me to believe that a purebred Bengal would ever end up being a stray living on the streets, considering how expensive they are, even Pet Quality. Simba, (on my signature) is a pet quality Bengal, and I still paid $1000 for him.

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by HopeHacker

He looks like he might be a Bengal Mix. I don't think he looks like a purebred Bengal. Check his foot pads, Bengal's have black foot pads. Also Bengal's have a different kind of fur than other cats. My Bengal's have really soft velvet type of fur. They feel like a fur coat, that's why they call their fur a pelt instead of fur.

My male Bengal litterally roars when he meows, and he chirps when he's getting in to things, or when he's trying to get in to some mischief, and when he does chirp he walks around chirpping one chirp right after the other, until he finds something to get in to. My female Bengal can get pretty loud when she meows also, but she doesn't chirp that much.

It's hard for me to believe that a purebred Bengal would ever end up being a stray living on the streets, considering how expensive they are, even Pet Quality. Simba, (on my signature) is a pet quality Bengal, and I still paid $1000 for him.
I'll check out his footpads next time I carry him
I couldn't quite believe he'd be abandoned, possibly he ran out, but that's strange too, since he's been hanging out at the same place for a long time and no one's come to pick him up.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Pepper is half Bengal, and looks very much like your kitty, but more gray. I finally found out how she came to be where she was from a vet near where I found her. A military family's female Bengal escaped and had a litter with the neighbor's tabby. They moved with the mother and abandoned the litter outside. The rest were taken in by neighbors, but this one ran away and got hit by a car. I rescued her from the road where she was not badly injured, just bruised and stunned. She has the black paw pads, puffy cheeks, many of the nice qualities, but she is not full Bengal.

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bengal or no, Benji's a handsome boy, and a very big love-bug. I'll post more photos of him if I can get nice ones