OK I need advice

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One year for Valentines day DH got me a ruby heart shaped necklace, ring, and earrings. I don't wear them, I'm not a big jewlery person. So this weekend I'm having a garage sale and thought about selling the jewelry. DH said he doesn't care but then I thought someday if I had a daughter I could give them to her. Should I save them or sell them?

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If they are real rubies, keep them. Rubies are more expensive than diamonds and I definitely wouldn't put them in a garage sale.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

If they are real rubies, keep them. Rubies are more expensive than diamonds and I definitely wouldn't put them in a garage sale.
I'm pretty sure they are lab created rubies. I know DH didn't spend too much money on them and if real rubies are expensive then these would have cost a lot.

skyecat0117

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I would keep the gift. You just never know you may want to pass them along someday. My grandma kept every piece of jewelry fake or real and now her jewelry chest is in her will to be left to me and I feel very fortunate. If it were a sweater or a pair of socks I'd say sell them but something like that can hold meaning to someone down the road.

mz kitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Forensic

Lordy... if I kept everything that was a gift...
So true!

If the boyfriend didn't "pay a lot", then you know they aren't real. You won't get much for them.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've decided to keep them. They are special just in the fact that they were one of the first V day gifts DH gave to me.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by luvmycat1

I've decided to keep them. They are special just in the fact that they were one of the first V day gifts DH gave to me.
Awww...good choice. I was going to ask if it was a "special" VD gift (like one of the firsts) or if it was "here, happy Valentine's day" kind of gifts. If you are emotionally attached then I agree keeping them is the best idea!