Swollen mammory glands on ex-breeding queen??

crofty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hiya

I have a neutered ex-breeding queen, ive noticed in the last week that one side is hanging down. Looks like her mammory glands are swollen but only on one side? Its not swollen, red or hard. I can touch all round the area theres no pain. She has been sleeping more but still plays with Alfie in the morning and evening. Taking her to the vets in the morning but wondered if anyone knew what has caused this? Shes always had abit of mummy tum so havent noticed its just one side before.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When was she spayed?? when was the last litter??

I am noting you said you had her 3 months so I am guessing the ??s above are longer than that??? I would ring the vet ... she could have a infection

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

crofty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

When was she spayed?? when was the last litter??

I am noting you said you had her 3 months so I am guessing the ??s above are longer than that??? I would ring the vet ... she could have a infection
She was neutered beginning of the year, i have an appointment first thing with my vet. Im a human nurse and it doesnt look or feel infected, theres no swelling, heat or pain. Swollen is probably the wrong word, it hangin down one side, like loose skin but only one side. Think her last litter was before christmas, will check with the breeder.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am thinking of something that can happen that is similiar to a cyst ... MAYBE some breeder s can HELP /.//// Glad you are going to the vet ... Betula is lovely ... is she a snow??

crofty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

I am thinking of something that can happen that is similiar to a cyst ... MAYBE some breeder s can HELP /.//// Glad you are going to the vet ... Betula is lovely ... is she a snow??
Hmm yeh thats why im worried although ive had a good feel and cant feel any lumps. Thankyou
no shes a spotted silver from that huge stud Glitterglam/Silverglam. Her father is an F4 US import, he's stunning, he's also up for rehoming now.. i was so tempted!!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
my 1st cat, Medley, developed mammary tumors [non-cancerous] @ about the age of 13-14... they had to be surgically removed.
definitely see the vet - could be something similar, YNK.

crofty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Vet said she's fine just abit lopsided haha i had her microchipped and she had a injection because her skin is a little sore on that lopsided side where shes licked it so she only has a slight skin complaint.

Shes not speaking to me after being stabbed twice
but shes ok thank goodness!

thankyou x

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
LOL at the no talking ... Glad she is fine...