Why the bite?

zane's pal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Zane is normally a very affectionate, loving kitty, but it seems that when I am dressing, undressing, or even changing my shoes some circuits sparks inside whatever felines us in place of a brain and he will attack my wrists and ankles. Not all the time, but more often than not.

That seems to be the most common trigger, but not the only one. A couple of mornings ago, I had just woken up but was still in bed, and he jumped up onto the bed, bit me on the arm, and then ran off.

I can understand when petting overstimulates and the overstimulation comes out as aggression. I can understand when one is brushing/combing in a way he doesn't like and he tells you so by biting. I can't understand these unprovoked attacks.

larke

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They're assertions of ownership (by the cat to you), and when you change clothes, he sees his next meal going out the door (most of the time), and when you're asleep, he wants breakfast!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

zane's pal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Larke

They're assertions of ownership (by the cat to you), and when you change clothes, he sees his next meal going out the door (most of the time), and when you're asleep, he wants breakfast!
He has an automatic feeder, so his food appears three times a day, be I there or not.

pippy-pops

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
When I'm in the bathroom and usually sitting on the loo having a wee, Pippin will bite my left knee. I don't know why he does this but it's everytime i'm on the toilet but doesn't do it to my partner! (or is that just because he stands??)

Our theory is that he's just reminding us that he is there and while we have a minute "down" time, he wants some love and attention!