Normal?? Advice?

kaytee

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello wondering if anyone can shed some light for me please.

Holly is 8 months old, we recently got another female kitten (Luna) a few days ago and have been introducing them slowly. All is going well, the hissing and growling (from holly) has almost stopped....BUT...

Whenever Holly see's Luna, Holly chases her then takes a swipe and runs off, kinda like shes scared and unsure at the same time....yet holly still lays close to the floor, pupils large...like shes hunting? Is this normal? A good sign they are 'making friends'...or do they still hate each other?

Luna doesnt seem to fazed by it, although will swipe back now and then before holly runs off.

we keep them separate for most of the day, and at night, with short meetings supervised. Where do we go from here? How will I know when they are 'friends' and can leave them together longer?

sorry for so many questions

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kaytee

Hello wondering if anyone can shed some light for me please.

Holly is 8 months old, we recently got another female kitten (Luna) a few days ago and have been introducing them slowly. All is going well, the hissing and growling (from holly) has almost stopped....BUT...

Whenever Holly see's Luna, Holly chases her then takes a swipe and runs off, kinda like shes scared and unsure at the same time....yet holly still lays close to the floor, pupils large...like shes hunting? Is this normal? A good sign they are 'making friends'...or do they still hate each other?

Luna doesnt seem to fazed by it, although will swipe back now and then before holly runs off.

we keep them separate for most of the day, and at night, with short meetings supervised. Where do we go from here? How will I know when they are 'friends' and can leave them together longer?

sorry for so many questions
It sounds from my experience you are making good progress. It took a good week for Alley and Persi to start getting along. Persi was already here and we rescued Alley who came into our home mad at everybody, especially Persi. I did the same thing you are doing with supervised meetings and it worked for me in about a week. They still "fight" a lot, especially when in bed (just to annoy us, I think) but they are playing and love each other now very much.