Another guy question

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do any of you have beards? If so what age where you when you started keeping one? Ladies feel free to talk about your SOs beards. My DH wears a goatee. We are both 27 and I told him he should grow a beard sometime just to see what it looks like. He says he doesn't want to because it's too itchy. Whats funny is he has black hair and for years he's been getting silvers in his hair. Well now he's starting to get grays in his side burns.
He's also going bald. I wish he'd grow a beard for me just once.

liza24

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
my DH will grow a goatee every once in a while, and it soooo changs his looks. *I* think he looks more badass with it,lol

After about 3 weeks, it gets to itchy for him, and he ends up with lil cuts on the sides of his mouth from them, so he ends up shaving it off.

He SHOULD grow a goatee, JUST too see how he would look. Easier then a full beard

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Liza24

my DH will grow a goatee every once in a while, and it soooo changs his looks. *I* think he looks more badass with it,lol

After about 3 weeks, it gets to itchy for him, and he ends up with lil cuts on the sides of his mouth from them, so he ends up shaving it off.

He SHOULD grow a goatee, JUST too see how he would look. Easier then a full beard
DH wears a goatee already. He's shaved his chin before and just kept a mustache, that looked OK. Then he's shaved everything before and I hated it. He looks 15 years old or something.
I told him never to do that again.

psjauntie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My DH has goatee and ever once in awhile when he is trying to trim it he will screw it up and shave the whole thing off, I do not care for his clean shaven look. We just got back from niece's graduation and I made DH go to barbershop to get trimmed, so he would have goatee for pictures

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
DH had a mustache when we first started dating. It made him look much older than he is. He shaved it off after someone refered to me as his daughter when we were on a date.
I think he looks much better without it.

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dh has a mustache, he has had it since we started dating 31, years ago, he shaved it off once, my oldest daughter was six she was terrified of him
. she wouldn't go near him. He hasn't shaved it since.
. He has talked lately of growing a beard, I am sure it has something to do. with the lack of hair on his head

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Without some sort of facial hair, Rob looks about 13

I had always seen him with a goatee, then one night he came out of the bathroom completely smooth. I was like "WHOA! WHO ARE YOU!?" Even people at work asked where the "13 year old" came from, messing around with him.

He grows a scruffy beard, but I don't like the long-beard look. Usually shaves when it reaches 3/4"-1" long, but keeps the stubbly look. I like it

mer636

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
my bf looks soooo goood with his facial hair
rawr
when we first started dating he had a gotee but since he works outside I suggested that he grow a beard to keep his face warm and he did!
I love him with facial hair and he looks about 14 without any facial hair too! lol right now he's working at a mine cutting steel beams so he had to shave his beard and gotee off which when he came home after he'd done it at work I replied "hey who's this stranger" in which he got upset with

So right now he only has a moustach but thats ok
he's still my handsome devil

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mbjerkness

Dh has a mustache, he has had it since we started dating 31, years ago, he shaved it off once, my oldest daughter was six she was terrified of him
. she wouldn't go near him. He hasn't shaved it since.
. He has talked lately of growing a beard, I am sure it has something to do. with the lack of hair on his head
My Dad shaved all his facial hair off once when I was little. I was scared of him too.

mer636

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My dad did that when my sister was younger and my sister would scream and run away everytime he came near her!
but I must admit he looks much different without the facial hair!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
DH has a beard and mustache. He was clean shaven when I met him 34 years ago, and grew the fur 4 or 5 years after that. He looks good both ways, but I like faces with fur.
If he ever decides to shave it "I'll only whimper a little" -- his line from when I was thinking about cutting my hair off

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by luvmycat1

DH wears a goatee already. He's shaved his chin before and just kept a mustache, that looked OK. Then he's shaved everything before and I hated it. He looks 15 years old or something.
I told him never to do that again.
My DH has had a goatee the whole time I've known him. I've seen pictures of him clean shaven, and he is not allowed to shave it off!!
I like it when his cheeks are shaved and his goatee nicely trimmed.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
i don't have a SO... but i like facial hair on men. makes them seem more masculine!

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like guys clean-shaven. I don't think I have ever dated a guy with facial hair. Current BF is also clean shaven.

whiteforest

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
DH has a beard. He shaved daily until he was 21, and since then it's just once a year that he'll shave. I'm not sure what the point is of the yearly shave. I guess he just wants to remember what he looks like under there. He does keep it trimmed all the time though so it never gets big and bushy.

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have never seen the two most important men in my life without a mustache.

Dad very rarely had a beard - he grew it once a year at elk camp and usually wore it for a week or two afterwards then shaved it.

Hubby grows a closely trimmed beard for the winter and shaves it into a goatee for the summer. He does shave the goatee on occasion and leave a mustache with a patch on each end that goes down past his mouth towards his chin....it always makes me think of an '80's private eye tv show for some reason.

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not particularly fond of facial hair. I guess I just tend to accept a guy the way he is. If he already has facial hair, he usually looks strange without it. When a normally clean-shaven guy starts to grow a beard, I think it distracts from his looks (usually, but not necessarily always.)

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I inherited my facial hair from my maternal grandfather, who shaved once per week (Saturday morning) his whole life. I never get beyond the "dirty face" level, and my wife doesn't like it, anyway.