I did my shelter stint this morning...

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
and I noticed the little blue boy we paid to have neutered was not there. When I asked about him, they said he was at the vet's office for adoption. My vet keeps a cage there with a cat from the shelter, to increase their exposure.

I went up to visit him. He's a real lover; stick you fingers in the cage, and he wants to rub on them. Pick him up, and he wants to snuggle. I was holding him and petting him, when another guy came out of the office and also petted him, and then another guy stopped to comment on what a great cat he was (they had both already scritched him before taking care of their vet business). We stood there, all three paying attention to him, and one of the other guys told the receptionist she should get a picture of us three mature guys all loving up on a cat.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We broke the huddle before she could get a camera. Wouldn't want to lose all our "guy points."

kittymonsters

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree, that would be an awesome photo. Plus, I would give you all EXTRA guy points just for the huddle.

Nothing sexier than a man cuddling a kitty.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

We stood there, all three paying attention to him, and one of the other guys told the receptionist she should get a picture of us three mature guys all loving up on a cat.
Well, I certainly have to agree with the receptionist!

cc12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If a man loves kittens then he is a keeper for sure. That is so cute! You are such a doll for your devotion to our feline friends.
Sounds like he won't be there for long.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No, in fact there was a lady there who offered to pay 1/2 the adoption fee if I would take him home.

I AM worried about Ella, at the shelter. She just loves to be cuddled, but she's an adult, mostly tabby, with a rough-looking nose, and I don't give her good odds on adoption. Poor baby--she's a Katrina kitty, too, who was adopted then surrendered because her owners' child had asthma.

meowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope the Katrina kittie gets a good home, that's so sad so many people lost their pets. Maybe we can see a pic of these cute kitteis?

skinnycat75

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
whenever i catch my SO lovin on the cats , I grin and think, he IS a keeper
after 17 years, he has proven it

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittymonsters

I agree, that would be an awesome photo. Plus, I would give you all EXTRA guy points just for the huddle.

For sure!! Very sweet.

worriedmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittymonsters

I agree completely! The love I have for my husband just explodes as I see him loving on our kitties. He was a dog guy when I met him but was quickly turned to the feline side.