KatKwery! - June 16 - Come play!*****

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
First, forgive me for screwing up the post yesterday and appending it to the previous day's. When I found out about it, I had a moderator repair the damage.

Yesterday's winners were zoeysmom (again!) with know, rabernet (welcome) for using list, and catkiki for using more. Thousand and scan/scroll (either) were not used.

And now from today's KatKwiz:

Before today, had you heard of a Pixie Bob before? Had you visited the article, located on The Cat Site's home page, on this breed before today? Would you like to have one? Do you get fascinated with new breeds when they are announced and described on this site? Have you ever got a certain cat breed, either from a shelter or as a kitten, as a result of reading its description here on TCS?

rabernet

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Before today, had you heard of a Pixie Bob before? Had you visited the article, located on The Cat Site's home page, on this breed before today? Would you like to have one? Do you get fascinated with new breeds when they are announced and described on this site? Have you ever got a certain cat breed, either from a shelter or as a kitten, as a result of reading its description here on TCS?
Yay! I got a word! Great way to entice someone to keep playing! LOL

Before today - I had heard of a Pixie Bob before, but had not really read a lot about them. Now I'll need to go to TSC's home page and read more about them, because their little knob tails are awfully cute!

I can't say that I get fascinated with new breeds when they are introduced here, because I'm still relatively new to the site. The only breed that's really enchanted me has been the Ragdoll's even back 15 years ago when I had three kitties and Ragdoll's were relatively new. I always swore that when those three passed over, my next kitty would be a Ragdoll. Sammy and Lexi had other thoughts!

Nope, I have not yet gotten a particular cat breed as a result of reading about them at this site. I'm still in love with the moggies too!

Thanks for introducing unexplored (to me) areas of the site!

baloneysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

I donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t know anything about cat breeds other then Siamese cats and thatâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s only because my favorite movie was “Lady and the Tramp†when I was a kid and they had those evil Siamese twin cats LOL.

Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]ve read through most of the article but I canâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t say I really could identify a cat breed. Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]ve gotten all of my cats because they needed homes. I donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t think I would ever get a cat just for their breed since I am not really into that side of cats. Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]ve been told Bugsy has some sort of breed in him but never really cared enough to seek that out.

wildfire203

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

I have seen pictures of them before but didn't know what they were called until now. I just read through the article and thought they sound like a really cool cat. I think I would like to have one but not any time soon I still have to wait 2 years to get my perfect somali kittens
This is the first time I heard a new breed talked about on this site since I have been away for a while (only came back cause Persi and Alley sent me a very nice PM that made me feel loved.) I don't have a cat yet but this site helped me decide that I deff want a Somali cat they are so cute. I might in the future get a Pixie Bob Cat cause I really like their personality and there looks.

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

First, forgive me for screwing up the post yesterday and appending it to the previous day's. When I found out about it, I had a moderator repair the damage.

Yesterday's winners were zoeysmom (again!) with know, rabernet (welcome) for using list, and catkiki for using more. Thousand and scan/scroll (either) were not used.

I hadn't visited that link before today. Pixie bobs are awful cute. It would be nice to have one. I've always been interested in Abbys. They are beautiful cats. I would definately like one of those. I have a friend whose Mom breeds Persians. They are cute but I've never cared for their squished faces. Sorry Persi, no offense to you.

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Nope I hadn't heard of a pixie bob before! I was thinking a manx with extra toes!! No I havn't seen the article at all! Ive been lazy and havn't really checked the homepage recently since I dont play the katkwiz anymore! (morning are not convienent at all) I love seeing new breeds and will be reading all the information about them! Not intentionally I once got a manx that was found under my car!! Oh yeah and a siamese from the shelter but both were unintentional! I have never read a descriptiong of a certain breed on here and ran out and found one! I have 3 lovely kitties already and to tell the truth about the matter I would rather get some poor kitty thats not going to get a home than a purebred thats going to! I will take the mutts, everyone else can have the others! My cats are for love and not for looks although I do like the way they look!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise

yes, i'd heard of them before today - altho i've never read that particular article. i'd really be more interested in having a Japanese Bobtail, tho - those little 'powderpuff' tails are so cute! but i've never had a purebred cat - all of my cats have been moggies, & several are rescues of various types. but the Bengals & Savannahs are so beautiful - i'd love to have one, but just can't justify the expense!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had heard of the Pixie Bob breed, but didn't realize it was so different from the Japanese Bobtail. They really grow to be large, don't they?

I love to read about new breeds of cats, and when I had just one cat or two I used to browse breeders all the time, fantasizing. But the ones that needed homes kept coming to my house, LOL!

I did get one cat specifically from this site, and that specific cat, not just a cat "like" the one bred by that breeder! That's my Smudgie Pudgie!

monaxlisa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I had heard of Pixie Bob before, I hadnt visited the article though. Hmm...I dont get fixated with specific breeds, I have a Manx which I really like but when looking for a new pet I dont go by breeds, (except for my Great Danes) I usually try to get something from a shelter. I havent adopted an animal based on info from TCS.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Definately not. That is why I always watch the TCS home page for new cat breed announcements. No, today was the first day I noticed this cat. Although I love all breeds of cats and moggies too, this one does not appeal to me that much. Yes, in particular the recent Ocicat description, which has DW wanting one reallllllllly bad. No, but in the future it is possible that an Ocicat may come to this household, possibly in August for DW's birthday.

zoeysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

I think I had come across the name Pixie Bob before, but wouldn't have had a clue what it looked like. No, I had not visited the article. My bookmarks bring me right to the forums, so I don't often visit the home page. I don't think I'd seek out a Pixie Bob...or any other cat breed for that matter. I'm pretty ignorant about cat breeds...and I don't read the articles (what articles?) that describe different breeds. I'm OK with my plain old domestic cats...I tend to find them more attractive than most purebreds. Although Bengals and Ocicats have struck me lately as beautiful. However, in all honesty, all kittens are cute and once I had a kitten, I'd fall in love regardless of what it looked like as an adult cat!

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the points!

I never heard of a pixie bob before today. I probably wouldn't pick one as a pet since I do not care for purebred or designer cats. I love the basic cat.

When I got my girls, the lady I got them from described that she had orange tabbies and one that was "ugly" like her mom. Well, when I went to see them, I met the "ugly" mama first. A beautiful tortie! Well, I just had to take the "ugly" girl, who is a beautiful patched tabby and her sister.

I always wanted a kitty with extra toes though. I do not remember the cat I had as a very small girl that had extra toes.

As for the homepage, I do not visit as often as I should. My bookmark takes me straight to the forums.

pippy-pops

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Yes, I had heard of a breed called Pixie Bob but hadn't done much research into them before yesterdays KatKwiz.

They are very similar in features to the Bobcat, and this is making me rather fond of them. I love the look of Bobcats... especially in the wild and in Africa!

I'd not researched into different breeds except from what I've learned on TCS! But I do go and have a look-see if I come across a breed I'm not too familiar with.

I've only ever had one kit in my life so no, I've not even set foot in a shelter or breeder... I'd become the cat lady if I did!