Orijen is good but I bet you did not know it has a form of corn in it
... it is corn silk and they use it as a "herb" ...
Chris horse ( forgive me if I spelled that wrong)http://www.nutrience.com/english-eu/...istic_3kg.html
STAGE OF LIFE:
Maitenance, beginning of gestation (0-6 weeks), drying-up, breeding
1 year and over
INGREDIENTS:Duck meal (28.0%)
this is a RICH RICH meat and some cannot handle it but
it is good , brown rice
Great grain but whole grains are HARD TO DIGEST especially if you are a obligate carnivore , whole barley
This has the same gluten as wheat ... and YES THE WHOLE grain HAS GLUTEN ( gluten is a protein part of the grain , ground rice
DO like this as it is the MOST digestable form and most digestable grain... not happy that it is not the only grain//, chicken fat
Good source of digestable fat and high in omega fats , soy protein concentrate
HIGH allergen and has been linked in some studies to thyroid issues , whole oats
this is a good grain but that means 4 grains and one meat , sunflower oil
omega six source , flaxseed meal
omega 3 source but also a UNUSABLE source ... OIL is best , chicken flavour
DOES NOT say NATURAL and could contain all kinds of chemical agents , DL-methionine
GREAT for UTI health this is a synthetic version, amino acid like the methothine but it aids with immune function
, yeast extract
NOT specified , HIGH allergen but often a good source of B vitamins, dried cranberries, dried apples, dried blueberries, dried carrots,
not terribley usuable in these forms IMHO more for human touchy feely
.. chicory root extract,
PREBIOTIC dehydrated spinach, tomato powder, parsley, dried honey, mint leaves, dehydrated alfalfa meal
ALLERGEN and TUMMY upset causer in many, dried corn syrup,
SUGAR yucca schidigera extract
Prebiotic, herbs (0.15%) (dried rosemary, dried thyme, dried oregano, dried fenugreek, dried fennel), dried cayenne, dried ginger.
NOT nessersary and some are KNOWN to cause tummy issues ...
GUARANTEED ANALYSIS:Crude protein min. \t27.3 %
this is low actually a good level for a senior with early kidney issuesCrude fat min. \t17.2 %
reasonable and normal
Crude fiber max. \t2.6 %
Moisture max. \t9.6 %
Ash max. \t6.2 %
Copper \t25 mg/kg
Iron \t250 mg/kg
Selenium \t0.25 mg/kg
Maganese \t45 mg/kgOmega 6 fatty acids \t2.5 %
Omega 3 fatty acids \t0.35 %
LOW end of what I find good but normal
Vitamin A min. \t25,200 I.U./kg
Vitamin D3 min. \t1,650 I.U./kg
Vitamin E min. \t115 I.U./kg
Vitamin C min. \t52 mg/kg
Your adult cat should eat only the amount of NUTRIENCE HOLISTIC ADULT CAT ALTERNATIVE MAINTENANCE required to maintain optimum body weight. A cat of average weight (7 lb / 3 kg) will consume about 2/3 cup/day. You are feeding the right amount if you can feel the ribs without feeling too much fat. We recommend the free-choice method of feeding ensuring that sufficient food is available at all times or for controlled portions, feed daily portion in two equal meals, one half in the morning and the other half at night.
RECOMMENDED FEEDING PORTIONS
Weight of the Cat \tgrams/day \tcup(s)/day
(kg) \t(lbs) \t \t
1 - 3 \t2 - 6.6 \t30 - 65 \t1/4 - 2/3
3 - 5 \t6.6 - 11 \t65 - 100 \t2/3 - 3/4
5 - 7 \t11 - 15.5 \t100 - 130 \t3/4 - 1
7 - 10 \t15.5 - 22 \t130 - 170 \t1 - 1 1/4
1 cup (250 ml - 8 oz) = 130 grams
Metabolisable energy (ME Kcal/kg as served): 3550
Why should cats eat NUTRIENCE HOLISTIC ALTERNATIVE MAINTENECE ADULT CAT FOOD?
* Duck meal: a high quality hypoallergenic source of protein.
* Chicken fat and sunflower oil: high quality sources of linoleic and arachidonic essential unsaturated fatty acids, which promotes well-conditioned skin and a shiny coat.
* Lecithin: provides a high level of linoleic Omega 6 essential fatty acids and contributes to fat digestion.
* Optimal levels of magnesium and urine acidifiers, which help prevent the development of calculi (stones) in the bladder.
* M.O.S. (Mannanoligosaccharides) helps maintain a healthy gut.
* F.O.S. (Fructo-oligosaccharides) exclusive nutrient source for “good” bacteria, in association with M.O.S., produces a synergetic effect favouring healthy intestinal microflora.
* Contains chelated minerals for optimum assimilation of certain special mineral compounds.
* A special mix of herbs, vegetables and fruit is added for optimum performance.
* Yucca schidigera lowers the production of ammonia in the stool and decreases offensive odours.
* Flaxseed meal contains excellent source of essential omega 3 fatty acids for improved coat condition.
* Vitamin C added for extra immune support.
1.5 kg - 3.3 lb
3 kg - 6.6 lb
6 kg - 13.2 lb
15 kg - 33 lb
\tRosemary Mint Parsley Ginger Green Tea Fenugreek
\tYucca Schidigera Fennel Cayenne Pepper Thyme Spinach Cranberry
\tTomato Chicory Carrots Blueberries
\tDuck Dental Management Complex Intestinal Health Urinary pH Control