Ouch! Ouch! OUCH!!

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been trying to grow my nails out long. Today while putting money in the dryers in the laundry room, the coin slot stuck. I was trying to get it unstuck and I jammed my right ring finger! The nail bent completely back from the quick! It was sticking straight up and starting to bleed a little! It hurt sooooo bad!
Now I can't type using that finger! I carefully trimmed that nail along with the other nails. I have a bandaid on it now with some antibiotic ointment, but it still hurts.
I am right handed but don't use that finger when I am holding a pen, luckily.

Has anyone else ever done this?

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OUCH, I've done that too many times to count. Then the finger throbs for the longest time.

h~chan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG I've had long nails forever, and I know how it feels.
I've done it countless times and it hurts so bad!
I usually end up having to trim it too, and if it starts bleeding, I'll wrap a bandaid around it for a little while. Hope it feels better soon!

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Ouch!!! Ewwwwwwww, that is why I don't grow my nails at all..that grosses me out so much when they bend.
Me too!

I don`t care how much someone scratches their nails down a blackboard or makes their fork make horrible noises on their plate, doesn`t bother me at all. But bend a finger nail back or just thinking about it makes me

Hope your fingers better soon!

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have done that with my big toe. I was standing beside the closed door, Dh opened it right on my toe, bend the nail right back , then it tore off, I was hobbling for a while

shopcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sometimes my nails will get too long & a few times when I was tucking my shirt in a nail would catch & bend backwards. Ugh-I hate that feeling!