Anyone affected by the floods?

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm watching CNN and they're doing coverage on the floods. Is anyone's city flooded out? I hope everyone in the affected areas are doing well!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm worried about EnzoLeya, she's in Iowa, I think in some of the flooded areas. I don't think I have her cell # anymore, either.

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I live in Rural south central Nebraska and we experienced some flooding but nothing like the people in Iowa. I feel so bad for the people who are going through this.

The flooding we went through has receded now, the mosquitos are thriving and very aggressive from all this water. I have a feeling west nile disease will a problem this summer.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

I'm worried about EnzoLeya, she's in Iowa, I think in some of the flooded areas. I don't think I have her cell # anymore, either.
She hasn't been on since the 11th either. She could very well be busy and didn't have time to come on, but I'm worried about the flooding!

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Originally Posted by Moz

She hasn't been on since the 11th either. She could very well be busy and didn't have time to come on, but I'm worried about the flooding!
I'm just beeming right now!!! I'm so happy TCS noticed I was gone!
I doing good thank goodness! Our internet got wipped out and we haven't even gotten any mail for the last week!!! Not too mention the power going on and off
It feels like I'm cut off from the world
I hate not being able to get on TCS! Our little town made it thank goodness, but we're pretty much surrounded by water. I wrote in another thread about where I volunteer only being a half hour drive being turned into an hour and a half! We have some family that lost their house to the flood. No idea if they will be allowed back in once the water is finally gone.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Iowa has really been put to the test this past week (my youngest nephew, a resident of Nebraska, was at the Iowa Boy Scout camp hit by a tornado last Wednesday, so that really hit home). Its plight hasn't gone unnoticed, though - European news is full of status reports, too. My thoughts are with you, your family, and Iowa residents.

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Being in IA, I feel for the people who have lost their homes, possessions and everything because of the flooding. Thankfully it hasn't hit here because of the dike they built many years ago, but I'm sure it's putting a strain on it.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'll add all those folks to my prayers. I can only imagine how devastating such losses would be.

My brother-in-law is supposed to be in that area next week as a judge in some wood fair. We are a bit concerned.