I need help

lakerzrule

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello,

I am new to this forum and to cats. I have a kitten and she is 13 weeks old. I have noticed the last few days that she sits for 3-5 minutes at a time and just flickers her tongue up and down. I am new to cats, and have no idea if this is normal or if I should be worried. I tried to find info online but no results. Any help is appreciated.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lakerzrule

Hello,

I am new to this forum and to cats. I have a kitten and she is 13 weeks old. I have noticed the last few days that she sits for 3-5 minutes at a time and just flickers her tongue up and down. I am new to cats, and have no idea if this is normal or if I should be worried. I tried to find info online but no results. Any help is appreciated.
i don't understand what you mean by 'flickers' - is she licking her chops?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lakerzrule

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She sticks her tongue out of her mouth and is moving it up and down rapidly for 3 minutes at a time. And her body is still when she does this.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lakerzrule

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I didn't mention that she is a deaf kitty. I should just be safe and contact her vet. Thank you for the help.

courtney_ou

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
she might have a hairball that hasnt quite made it up yet because chloe does that right before she hurls