*****KatKwery! - June 14 - 102,000 points****

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterdays winners were MuleNag for using beauty, glitch for using groom, kluchetta for using know. Look and KatKwiz were not used (KatKwiz was a good word for the last question.)

As always, today's questions are based on this morning's KatKwiz.

How much time per day do you spend on TCS? Do you have PMs enabled from everybody (do no know how?). Have you specified to receive e-mails when you get a PM (if you played KatKwiz today, you know how)? Do you have your e-mail address supplied on TCS (do you know how?). How does it make you feel when you notice that you have a PM?

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

How much time per day do you spend on TCS? Do you have PMs enabled from everybody (do no know how?). Have you specified to receive e-mails when you get a PM (if you played KatKwiz today, you know how)? Do you have your e-mail address supplied on TCS (do you know how?). How does it make you feel when you notice that you have a PM?
I normally go to TCS every morning before work to see if the KatKwiz has been posted and try to find the answer if it has. I also check out some of the other posts. When I get home from work, TCS is one of the first sites I visit. I have it set up so I can receive PMs from everyone. I know how to set up email notification of PMs but I have elected not to do so. I receive so many emails a day that it would get lost and I might not see it. Besides, when I log into TCS, I have it set to notify me when I have a PM. I feel really jazzed when I get a PM, especially one that lets me know I said a KatKwery secret word or I was correct in my KatKwiz answer. I don't get many PMs though
except for the one's regarding the tournements. Those I don't get automatic announcements of, I just notice that I have a PM on the upper right hand corner of my screen. I do have to clear those out periodically since I enter a lot of those! My email is listed as it has been since I first joined. I know how to change it if need be too.

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As always, today's questions are based on this morning's KatKwiz.

Somedays I spend the whole day here! Other days its just a couple of hours a day! I recieve PM's from everyone, I do know how to do that! I dont think shutting it off would be as much fun! I know that people under the age of 18 can't use PM's though too! I do not have it specified to send me an email because I am on my email way less than I am on TCS! I dont think I have my e-mail supplied on TCS... No I dont know how to either! Thats new to me!!
I get excited and happy when I see I have recieved a Private message!! I LOVE getting private messages! Its even better when they're from you because I usually get some points out of the deal!

So now that all the questions have been answered... How do you get an e-mail supplied on TCS??

zoeysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

I'll give this one a shot too!

I really can't even estimate how much time I spend here. Its one of the few sites that I check as part of my several times daily routine! I try to avoid turning on the computer before work, because I end up running late if I do! As soon as a arrive home from work, I browse "my sites." Sometimes, I'm only on for a few minutes, reading the threads that are pertinant to me, and other times I will be here for an hour at a time, reading the boards more thoroughly and posting when I feel I have something to add! I think KatKwiz and KatKwery might get me even more hooked though!

I believe that I have PMs enabled for everyone! I don't see why I'd want to exclude anyone. I don't know how to change this setting off-hand, but I'm sure I could figure it out if you want. I'm sure they is an "ignore" option, or something!

I do not get emails when I receive a PM. I'm a pretty compulsive checker of all things email/internet related, so it doesn't take me too long to discover a PM directly. Emails would just get buried in my inbox anyway!

No, I was not aware that you could have an email address provided by TCS. However, I have several email addresses already (hotmail, internet service provider, university) so likely do not require another! Although I might check it out to see if there are any neat features to it!

I'm always surprised when I receive a PM, unless it is in direct response to one I've sent to someone! I like the little pop-up I get when first come to the site! I anticipate who it might be from!

monaxlisa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Oh I probably spend an hour or two here a day, maybe more if Im messing about in the arcade

I do have PMs enabled from everybody, I also recieve e-mails and have the pop up window enabled for when I get PMs. My e-mail is supplied, and who doesnt love getting a PM! Unless its one that says my high score was topped :p

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise

1. waaaay more than i should!

2. i have PMs enabled from everyone except the person on my ignore list.
3. i do NOT get emails, tho - i found that really annoying. since i'm here most of the time, anyway, it's not really necessary for me.
4. TCS does have my email address - that's how i found out how annoying it was to have all of those emails all the time!

5. since i'm here all the time [i have no life!] i usually get a little 'pop-up' box when i get a PM. [i say usually 'cause every once in a while it doesn't seem to work
]. so then i go to my PM box.
if it's a reply to a PM i sent, i'm usually pretty glad to see it... if it's from Persi & Alley, it usually means i've used a secret word!
then it's really good, 'cause that one comes w/points!

ETA: i don't get PMs about the tournaments - i check those frequently thruout the day, so don't find it necessary.

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have it set to notify me by email when I have a PM. I'm pretty much on TCS all the time.
I'm not sure if TCS has my email address or not, I'll have to check. My PMs are always open to anyone. I get curious when the little box pops up that says I have a PM. Then when I get messages for a donatation because I've won Katkwiz or Katkwery I get real excited. Or when I get a message saying I've recieved a gift.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Way too long! I'm here about two and a half to three hours every evening, and longer on weekends. I also check out IMO and Breaking Mews using a PDA while commuting by train, which adds another hour or so, roughly.

PMs are enabled for everybody, and I get emails when I receive a PM. I read the emails, and then forget to delete the PMs here, so my inbox fills pretty quickly. My email address doesn't appear in my public profile, as members can contact me via TCS, i.e., they just need my username + @thecatsite.com http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=107454 Hmm, maybe I should put my email addy in my profile, because newer members might not know that.

I have mixed feeling about PMs, as sometimes members use them to vent about other members' posts, which is perfectly OK, don't get me wrong there, while other times they contain some really helpful feedback, funny comments, or encouragement.

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Okay, so when you say "Do you have your e-mail address supplied on TCS" you mean do we have our e-mail address in our profiles?? Or is there a way of getting an e-mail through TCS?? I have my e-mail in my profile just in case anyone wants to e-mail me and I do know how to do that! If you're asking if I have an e-mail that is through TCS I think you got to be a mod for that!! I think Im having a blonde day because Im all confused! I just went in to change my e-mail address because I dont use that one anymore and I can't remember my password!!
Good thing Im automatically signed in or Id be in trouble!!

ETA~ I just went in and figured out how to have my e-mail address so others can see! I think my brain is overworked now! Thanks Persi & Alley for making me work!! Although Im still quite confused as to what a v-card is...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I spend 2 or 3 hours a day just researching and managing KatKwiz and KatKwery. I spend another hour going through the posts and posting and sometimes will spend more time updating siggies, etc. I would average over 4 hours a day on TCS. Yes, I have PMs enabled from everybody and know that I do. In the past I specified to be notified by e-mail but I found that it was too cumbersome (probably not a secret word). Yes, my e-mail address is on my profile right where it belongs. I like getting PMs even when they point out an error I have made. After all, I ask people to tell me of my errors (by PM of course). But the vast amount of time, PMs are very happy things.

rabernet

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Oooh, I want to play! I'm relatively new here -but I spend HOURS at a time here, just checking out all the forums and resources since we have two new kitties in our household. I'm obsessed with this site, I do believe, and love the warm welcome that I received and the warmth that I feel here.

Yup, my PM's are available from everyone - and I know how to change the settings, because I also administer another vBulletin forum (not cat related). I choose not to receive e-mails when I get a PM, as I have over 1300 unread e-mails in my in box right now (I hate junk mail and the more mail I get, the less I check it - bad me!)

I think that my e-mail address is supplied on TCS, but I'd have to go check my properties to be sure.

I love to receive PM's from people and I gave my first gift last night too - it was uber cool to do so as well! Hopefully with more points I can give more gifts!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Keep playing and welcome to KatKwery. You did use more, which was a secret word, but zoeysmom beat you to it.