*****KatKwiz! - June 14 - new feature*****

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The KatKwery answers are no longer located here but in a separate thread located here in the Lounge. They are posted each afternoon as part of the new KatKwery thread.

Actually, I do not stay on The Cat Site all the time and must attend to other matters on other sites such as sites that I maintain. But, I would like to know when I have received a PM while I am away from TCS. I can do this by _____(one or more steps)_____.

New to KatKwiz are fun ways of making extra points every day (over and above the standard 2,000 point payout). Today you can earn an extra thousand points if your post is at a time divisible by ten (such as 10:10 or 11:40).

zoeysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Not sure if this is what you are getting at...but:

You can go to your private message inbox. Click on edit options. Check the box indicating "Receive Email Notification of New Private Messages" so that the site sends you an email to your account when you get a PM. You can find the box in the Private Messenging section of the options.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by zoeysmom

Not sure if this is what you are getting at...but:

You can go to your private message inbox. Click on edit options. Check the box indicating "Receive Email Notification of New Private Messages" so that the site sends you an email to your account when you get a PM. You can find the box in the Private Messenging section of the options.
The board of directors (Persi and Alley) has decided to award you today's 2000 points. Technically, you missed a step that the next poster used, but that poster also missed a step that you used and in view of your newness to the site, YOU are today's winner. The step you missed was clicking on User CP (or control panel). But you did supply the essential info of "Receive Email Notification of New Private Messages" .
CONGRATULATIONS!

KatKwery is now posted as a separate thread in the Lounge and will be posted within thirty minutes.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mom of 4

Basically the same as zoeysmom. Same number of steps.

Control Panel
Settings & Options, Click Edit Options
Go to Messaging & Notification on the right side
Enable email notification
Although you did supply using the control panel, you did not supply "Receive Email Notification of New Private Messages" is why the points were awarded to the first poster. Please keep playing as you learn more about TCS and this contest. Also, give a try at KatKwery, whose rules are outlined below.