Update on Mom in the hospital and vacation

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I talked to Mom (NY time) this morning in the hospital. She sounds better. I think that the IV has given her the liquids she needed. Mom did say that she went for X-rays. Please, no cancer for Mom. She has pretty much everything else. But she was funny on the phone.

DH and I are going on vacation to Cabo San Lucas this morning to return in a week. DH's phone works in Mexico, so I can keep in touch with Mom, my brother and my Aunt.

Vibes needed for a vacation week in which Mom gets better.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh Dear Rosemary,...
...that´s a great new...
the Dr´s are doing a great job with her!...

now that you´re going to be in Mexican lands, buy to her a little shoot of tequila and when you see her, give to her!..
I think that kind of liquid needs to feel better!..
......JUST KIDDING MY FRIEND!...

Still praying to her for her soon recovery!..

Please keep us in touch to know how she´s evolutionate....

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
sending 'no cancer' & for your mom.
i think the fluids she got are part of why she's feeling better, too. like i said in your other thread - diarrhea can wear you down fast from the fluid loss.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's really good news, Rosemary. It doesn't take much to "tip" a fragile elderly person's health....

lack of fluids can make ANYONE feel ill.

Have a good, safe and UNEVENTFUL vacation!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm glad your Mum is feeling better today, Rosemary.
that the improvement continues and there is no cancer. I hope you'll be able to relax and enjoy your vacation.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad your mom is doing better. A couple of years ago my parents were flying from WI to VA to visit my sis and they had a plane change in SC but took my dad off plane and in ambulance to hospital as mom noticed he was acting odd on plane. Turn out he was dehydrated. I think many folks in their mid 70's and older aren't used to drinking water as much as use younger folks are.

Enjoy your vacation.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

Glad your mom is doing better. A couple of years ago my parents were flying from WI to VA to visit my sis and they had a plane change in SC but took my dad off plane and in ambulance to hospital as mom noticed he was acting odd on plane. Turn out he was dehydrated. I think many folks in their mid 70's and older aren't used to drinking water as much as use younger folks are.
plus, plane travel is a dehydrating activity. i'm not sure what i'll do for my upcoming trip - i'm used to taking several bottles of water w/me, but i don't think i'm allowed to do that anymore

kittymonsters

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The fact that you Mom was able to be funny on the phone was a very good sign.

I am sending lots of no new maladies for Mom and get well quickly vibes for her.

Lots of try not to worry too much and enjoy your vacation vibes for you and DH

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

plus, plane travel is a dehydrating activity. i'm not sure what i'll do for my upcoming trip - i'm used to taking several bottles of water w/me, but i don't think i'm allowed to do that anymore
Every airline provides you with a few bottles of water on the plane, you just have to ask.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fwan

Every airline provides you with a few bottles of water on the plane, you just have to ask.
but probably not as much as i would want - i drink a LOT!!! for example - tonight i had a softball game. 1 hour long. i drank 3 jugs of liquid [54 ounces a pop!]. now, granted, i was sweating - but it was also only an hour!