Our Miata

babygirl2000

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Last nite someone broke into our Miata. They stole the stereo and the registration. Just one more thing we don't need right now.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

babygirl2000

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SportBikeMike

Scumbags. How did they get in? Did they cut through the convertible top?
Yep they sure did. If my dad was alive.. I know.. he would very, very mad. That was his car after all. Here are some pictures I took this morning. A police investigator is coming out sometime today and the insurance investigator will be by Monday morning.

sportbikemike

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babygirl2000

Yep they sure did. If my dad was alive.. I know.. he would very, very mad. That was his car after all. Here are some pictures I took this morning. A police investigator is coming out sometime today and the insurance investigator will be by Monday morning.
Have you considered getting a detachible hardtop for the car? These are available but I'm not sure of the price. One of these might be a good idea if the car sits outside alot.

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry that had to happen to you. Some people just don't have any respect for other people's property! I would invest in an alarm system!

babygirl2000

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I doubt they will find out who did it.. but way to go dad lol. My dad saved every manual and receipt for things that he bought and we found the manual and receipt for the stereo. My sister told me that the insurance will cover the theft and damages.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's awful. When you replace the stereo, get one of those that has the faceplate that pops off so you can take it with you when you leave the car. I have one of those - the radio is no good to them without the faceplate.

Hope the insurance covers everything and you don't take a big hit for it.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Insurance will cover all of that just minus the deductible.

What an invasion of privacy...I really cannot stand criminals. Really...can't they just think for one second what it would be like if that happened to them??

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ugh, that stinks! I hate when people have no respect for other people's property.

babygirl2000

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Insurance will cover all of that just minus the deductible.

What an invasion of privacy...I really cannot stand criminals. Really...can't they just think for one second what it would be like if that happened to them??
We don't have a deductible for this or anything else.. except collision.

We needed the back window replaced anyway.. but not the whole top and now we will have to get it all replaced. What makes me mad though.. some people have no respect for other people's property.