Fridge peeker

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do your cats look in the fridge when you have the door open? Popsie does this all the time.
Then I have to gently nudge him out of the way so I can close the door.

zoeysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Belle comes running when she hears the fridge open. She knows that's where human food comes from.

Our fridge was particularly empty the other day and both of them decided to hop up onto the bottom shelf and set up camp. It was actually quite tricky to get them both out with one hand (the other holding the door open).

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
They come and look in, because that's where their gooshy food is. But they're both good about getting out of the way of the door when it closes.

tallulah

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
One of my cats not only pops her head in but trys to get her whole body in for a good sniff about.

kkh

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My baby does that once in a while, first peeks, then starts sniffing around.
As soon as she finds that there's no goodies for her, then she turns around & walks away

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All three of ours come running as soon as they hear that door open.
Annabelle and Elliott do stay back a bit, but Gracie would crawl in and lay down if I'd let her

frootloop

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Socks usually sticks his head in the fridge when it's open, like there might be something interesting. Sass doesn't usually, but you better believe that she will be RIGHT behind you if you're cooking anything. She usually stands on her hind legs and paws at you or the cabinets... as if you're supposed to give her something

I once had a friend that owned several cats. They had a sign on their fridge that read "Check fridge for cats. This is not a joke!" I've always thought it was funny.

cocoa cream

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
All three of my kittens have come to check out the fridge a time or two, but only Maggie seems really interested in it. It seems she doesn't quite get it yet that when the door starts to close, she needs to get her head out of the way! She keeps looking and looking until I leave only a couple inches for her, and finally she ducks out...Kitties are so silly!

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
We always have to push Lucy out of the way when we're in the fridge. She only likes her dry food so it isn't food. I believe that she thinks she can get to the back and get to stuff she's shoved underneath it.

mama of bronte

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tallulah

One of my cats not only pops her head in but trys to get her whole body in for a good sniff about.
lol, both of my babies do that... i keep the leftover wet food from their last feeding on the top shelf and they see us get the food from the fridge... i guess they decide to go for a peek around for some yum yums...

creativgirl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oliver always sticks his head in the fridge when it's open, and if there's room for him, he'll climb in (all 17 pounds of him!). He does that with the kitchen cupboards, too.

Rocky is polite (or maybe just not very curious). He rarely checks out the fridge or cupboards.

cc12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They stand behind me really still waiting because they now yummy raw food is in there. They watch to see what I grab. If they are full already only Cleo watches. He wants to eat all of the time.