My new kitten!

ardrum

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It's been a long time since I last posted, but I finally got a cat. She was living with her mother in a bulldozer for a long time, and then living in my parents' garage since there was food there. It took a lot of effort to find and capture her in the garage, but she's adjusting well now (less than a week since her capture).

She seems to have some Siamese in her, but I'm not sure what else. Is there a way for me to post a photo?

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ardrum

She seems to have some Siamese in her, but I'm not sure what else. Is there a way for me to post a photo?
i think the easiest way is to get a free image hosting account at photobucket. then upload your pix there [you can resize there, too] & copy the code under the pic that starts w/ . paste the code into your post & the pic will show.
example [w/added space so you'll see code]:[IMG ]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v383/laureen227/of50332442.jpg

pic the above code points to:

xlaydeextaniax

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

i think the easiest way is to get a free image hosting account at photobucket. then upload your pix there [you can resize there, too] & copy the code under the pic that starts w/ . paste the code into your post & the pic will show.
example [w/added space so you'll see code]:[IMG ]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v383/laureen227/of50332442.jpg

pic the above code points to:

welcome!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ardrum

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

you have a beautiful, seal-point DSH there!
Domestic short hair, right?

So does the seal-point coloring appear frequently with DSH, or is that the result of some sort of recent crossing with a breed that is often seal-point??

zorana_dragonky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is lovely! Her blue-green eyes are stunning.
Seal point coloring is from the colorpoint genes, which of course Siamese cats have. Your little girl definitely has some colorpoint (likely Siamese) in her ancestry. Other colorpoint purebreds are Himalayans, many Ragdolls, and Burmese.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ardrum

Domestic short hair, right?

So does the seal-point coloring appear frequently with DSH, or is that the result of some sort of recent crossing with a breed that is often seal-point??
yes, it's a recessive trait, so can show up even in kittens born to non-color-pointed parents.
Pixel &
Mouse's litter had the 2 of them, plus a tabby & a blue pointed boy.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She is adorable.

What is your sweetie pie's name?

meowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
AAwww! Glad you posted that cute pic
My friend has a cat like that. DSH that I really think has some Himalayan and/or siamese. My Ocicat has the siamese color tipped ears, I think the colorpoint and your kitten so adorable!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ardrum

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Her name is Sprocket.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sprocket is just gorgeous!!! Now, does she "talk" alot like most Siamese? I had an oriental mix once that just wouldn't shut up! We would have complete conversations...of course I had NO idea what I was saying, I just repeated everything she said back to her. She probably thought I was an idiot! Her name was Sassy (what else could I call her, she always "sassed" back!)

But your baby is so adorable! I love her coloring and those big eyes!

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think it is kind of unusual to have a seal colorpoint with green eyes.... Maybe one of cat breeder or genetics experts can explain that. One of our other members has a Tonkinese colorpoint with blue/green eyes.

I just did some googling and Tonkinese can have aqua colored or green eyes... so maybe your new little pal is a Tonk or a Tonk mix.