This is where I might get married

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am going to see this church on Monday. As long as it isn't too expensive, this church is where I will be getting married. It is only about 5 minutes from the reception hall.

I'm excited to have finally found a place. If we don't do it at that church, we will probably just have it at the Holiday Inn.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is a very unique old type church - love it, but I'm confused as your comment on "if its not expensive"???? In what way? I know you rent out halls in a church for a banquet or reception, but the actual service? Or are you talking about the pastor fees?

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Beautiful church!

When I got married, we didn't actually "pay" for the church but they did ask for a donation. I asked the church receptionist who had been there for years and she said what most people donate is $100-$200, of course more is always welcome. We did have to pay the pastor and organist, but they both were under $100 each. Of course, I got married at my home parish (Catholic) so if you aren't a member of that church you may have to rent. Each religion might be different too, I don't know.

Anyway, I hope you can reserve it...it looks like a fairy tale!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your getting married in Cambridge? That church is very nice!

We still haven't picked one..I am getting antsy!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

That is a very unique old type church - love it, but I'm confused as your comment on "if its not expensive"???? In what way? I know you rent out halls in a church for a banquet or reception, but the actual service? Or are you talking about the pastor fees?
My friend got married in a church not too far from this one last year and it cost her over $500. I have $600 for the wedding ceremony so I am hoping that whatever fees they have wont be more than that.

Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Your getting married in Cambridge? That church is very nice!

We still haven't picked one..I am getting antsy!
Yeah we are. His family is all in Cambridge and mine is in Brantford/Paris area. Plus he grew up in Cambridge and that is where we plan to move.

Originally Posted by caprice

Beautiful church! When are you getting married?
We are getting married July 18, 2009.