Jack's new habit?

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This little boy never ceases to amaze me
I'm going to download a video of him in the act later on and put it in the behaviour forum for any ideas, but he's started pawing at the door with both paws

Imagine he's pawing in the litterbox only it's on the door. Sophie used to do it on the bath panel at the old house and i couldn't work out why?, and Jack only does it to the same door?

fifi1puss

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They can be weird sometimes can't they? Is it the front door? Maybe he smells some interesting stuff on the door?

I really hate it when they start doing weird stuff becuase I think that something MUST be wrong with them
You know how they say if their behavoirs change it could be a sign they are sick....I get paranoid

creativgirl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My RB
girl Taffy used to do the same thing to the bedroom mirror and the wall of the aquaria (both the one with the fish and the one with my RB
gerbil Casper). My guess is that Jack knows there's something interesting on the other side of the door and wants to find out what it is.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Creativgirl

My guess is that Jack knows there's something interesting on the other side of the door and wants to find out what it is.
That's what i thought initially, because Sophie sits and cries for a door to be opened, then she'll go in for a wander around then comes back out
but i got up to open it for Jack, but instead of wandering in the porch he stood on his back legs and pushed the door closed again!

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm just relieved his claws aren't going in, but when he does it it's "Thud thud thud thud thud thud"

I'll post the video tonight in behaviour but post the link to it here so you can see his new game

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mario does this all the time
And Soph does it if Joey is on the other side of the door. Our doors have windows...is the door Jack is doing this on have windows? Can't wait to see the video...cats are crazy

tallulah

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Susan, would Jack like to come round and play, as Tallulah is doing the same thing in my bath

deedeemay

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Arwen will do that to my bedroom door every night when I'm in the room, as she knows that I'm the other side and just wants to come in and see me.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Pixel does that to the bathroom cabinets... but i think it's because she's been able to open them that way!

mistressotdark

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lol thats cute.
every once in awhile when we are upstairs on the 2nd floor of the house - Salem will look up .make a weird noise and start pawing the walls...

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We think that we understand our kitties and then they go and do something so off the wall (door?),
that they just seem goofy.

I can hardly wait to watch Jack in action Susan.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

This little boy never ceases to amaze me
I'm going to download a video of him in the act later on and put it in the behaviour forum for any ideas, but he's started pawing at the door with both paws

Imagine he's pawing in the litterbox only it's on the door. Sophie used to do it on the bath panel at the old house and i couldn't work out why?, and Jack only does it to the same door?
Does he actually touch the door? Alley does this queer action in front of anything that might be able to be opened, she sits like a meerkat, and gets her paws a going in front of a door, but never actually touches it.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

is the door Jack is doing this on have windows?
No it's just the solid door in the livingroom

Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

haha, does it resemble what Freeway is doing?

http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=162541
Yes!, exactly the same

Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

Does he actually touch the door?
Yes he does, and he picks up speed when he gets in full flow

Originally Posted by xocats

OK Susan...
where is Jack's video?
Here he is

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v2...Picture212.flv

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v2...Picture222.flv

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
well, altho the motion is the same, the reason is different... Pixel is trying to open my cabinets. Jack is marking - notice how he'll stop to smell the door, then start up again?