Trapping ferals

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tomorrow we will start trapping all the feral cats that live at my husbands old place of business, getting them spayed and neutered, then relocating them to his new location. I am a wreck
They will be put in an enclosure at the new place for a few weeks so they get used to the new place

Please send vibes/prayers...whatever you got in you
Thanks!

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sending lots of prayers for your trapping efforts. You're doing a wonderful thing for those cats!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Tons of headed your way Helen!

to both you & your DH for doing this! They'll be scared at first, but SOOO much better off!!!

cc12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sure it will all be ok. Not easy but better than you most likely expect. They are very lucky to have a new home to go to.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm just seeing this Helen. Lots of for you guys, I hope you can get them all trapped and that the move to the new place is a smooth transition for everyone involved.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Set the traps tonight at 5 p.m. We trapped 4 within 5-10 minutes. Just went back and checked and we had 2 more. My DH is going back to check in a while to see if we have any more. They are inside in the air conditioning and their cages are covered, they calmed down the minute we put the cover on them. Bless their hearts

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow, great job already!!!! Lots of vibes that you can get them all, and they settle in fine.

How many ferals can your vet spay/neuter in a day? I know the low cost place I go to can only do 1 or 2 a day.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow that was fast! How many do you think there are?

Many prayers that trapping, spay/neuter and relocating goes well.

Teddy was the first one to the new place? Has he adjusted well?

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

Wow, great job already!!!! Lots of vibes that you can get them all, and they settle in fine.

How many ferals can your vet spay/neuter in a day? I know the low cost place I go to can only do 1 or 2 a day.
That's a good question, no one gave me a limit, they just said whatever you trap bring in

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

Wow that was fast! How many do you think there are?

Many prayers that trapping, spay/neuter and relocating goes well.

Teddy was the first one to the new place? Has he adjusted well?
Oh Teddy is fine...but he's indoors and living the life of luxury with new cat trees etc

David thinks there are b/t 10-12 not sure. It was neat to see them respond when they saw David tonight, they are comfortable with him and there is a huge orange TOM cat there; most likely the alpha and there is a guy that works for David who can actually pick him up

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Aww thats so sweet he got cat trees. I think he is the only cat I know at the office with his comfy beds and cat trees

Originally Posted by Bella713

Oh Teddy is fine...but he's indoors and living the life of luxury with new cat trees etc

David thinks there are b/t 10-12 not sure. It was neat to see them respond when they saw David tonight, they are comfortable with him and there is a huge orange TOM cat there; most likely the alpha and there is a guy that works for David who can actually pick him up
Wow isnt it amazing to see a cat with absolutely zero trust and then when they are around that person they do trust, they are a total different cat
It just goes to show trust is earned not freely given

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

Aww thats so sweet he got cat trees. I think he is the only cat I know at the office with his comfy beds and cat trees

Wow isnt it amazing to see a cat with absolutely zero trust and then when they are around that person they do trust, they are a total different cat
It just goes to show trust is earned not freely given
Well he has his 2 comfy beds thanks to you
He's like the King there

I know, it's amazing

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I imagine the spay/neuter clinic wouldn't be that excited if you showed up with a raccoon!

Well done on the trappings!