I was just insulted on a city owned webpage.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm starting to lose faith in the general public.

I was interviewed for the local newspaper about some developers wanting to tear down some heritage sites. My picture - sitting in front of my computer - was featured in the paper. On the newspaper's site, there was an online edition of the article. Some guy commented and said this about me:

"As for the young lady in the picture, she should find a more useful cause to endorse, one that involves getting some exercise. Step away from the keyboard."

LMfAO. Way to insult people who have better things to do than troll websites! Of course I responded and told him that I actually DO get excercise!

Trolls. Gotta love 'em.

liza24

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
screw em. You know that once you step away from the keyboard, YOU have a life. This troll, sadly, does NOT.

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There are always going to be people like that. People who have to try to make themselves feel more important by posting comments on public boards like that. If you go on youtube, nearly every video has a comment, and very few of them are meaningful. IMO, those are people who have such little lives that they have to comment on videos to make themselves seem more important. Also, he had to type that comment on his keyboard, so it's sort of a "pot calling the kettle black" sort of situation.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It always amazes me how rude people are on public message boards like that. When you have complete anonymity, it seems to give the people the right to say anything.

Sorry he was so rude to you

mer636

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
awww some people should be locked in cages and have the public allowed to jab at them with sticks
i'm sorry this person was such a loser to you and know that what their opinion is..is just that..their stupid opinion and that it doesn't count since they sound like a real jerk

the only opinions that should matter are your own,your cats and of the people that care about you and i'm sure that they all think your awesome

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
And I should also add that if they don't have a constructive argument, they're going to find any way possible to hurt you knowing you'll probably read the comments...

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When the article about Sheba's killing was in the paper (with of course my name) somehow the article got on a gun website and some stupid comments (not counting the letters to the editor). Either say something positive or keep your mouth shut!!

kittybernard

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Moz

"As for the young lady in the picture, she should find a more useful cause to endorse, one that involves getting some exercise. Step away from the keyboard."
..says the man making a thin argument from (and probably to) his keyboard. That cord only stretches so far. Ahhh wait, bad me..that was rude. Lunges are exercise, too, I suppose!

cc12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is pretty nasty. To insult someone instead of posting an intelligent comment shows how stupid this person really was.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He sounds like one of those people who don't have the capacity to care about anything (like preserving historic buildings), and resent those who do have some passion in their lives.

These are the same people who sneeringly call environmentalists "tree-huggers" and laugh at those of us who volunteer for political candidates we believe in. They are sad, small people living bland little lives, and they deserve our pity.

materialsgirl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Wow. That is beyond rude. I agree with sarap - when people have complete anonimity, they say the most awful things.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well I say - kudos to you for getting involved in a cause and making a difference in your community! When's that negative guy ever going to get in the newspaper except by wrinting his nasty comments?

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

It always amazes me how rude people are on public message boards like that. When you have complete anonymity, it seems to give the people the right to say anything.

Sorry he was so rude to you
That is really nasty. I think he should get off his keyboard