Do you have cats?

meowmmy_aprile

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I work in a office and periodically I deal with people. So today I am at work and this gentleman comes into my office to pick up some paper work from me.
The paper work was on my other desk behind me so I had to stand up and turn around and grab the paperwork off my desk. As I stood up and turned around the gentleman asks me:
Do you have cats?
I stood there for a moment and panic hit me as I thought:
-Oh no. Do have a wad of cat hair on my back, butt? I always check my clothes before I leave for work. I don't remember seeing cat hair.
-Do I smell like cat? Darn it did someone spray my shoes? Surely I'd smell it if I smelled like a cat. I know I don't smell like cat. My house never smells like cat.
-Did one of the kitties get sick and I sat in it before work? Nah surely I would know if I did.

Meanwhile during all of this thought I am not facing him. I am fiddling with the paperwork trying to look at myself with out drawing attention to see if I have kitty hair, vomit, spray something that alerted him to my ownership of kitties. Meanwhile I found nothing. So I muster up a smile and turn around and face him. ( I felt like it was 100 degrees in the office and my face must have been 4 shades of red)

And said why yes I do have have cats, How did you know? (Meanwhile bracing for the worst)
He said oh you have a few scratches on your hands. I know those scratches. See we match.
I almost blurted out. That was it!? Scratches on my hands? I sat here mentally mortified and all it was, was scratches on my hands?
OMG the relief I felt to know that I didn't have kitty hair, vomit or spray attached to me that alerted people to my kitty ownership was immense. And then to find out that he too had cats and surely would have understood if I did have such things on me. I had to laugh after he left my office of what a dummy I was and how silly I must have looked while I was stalling doing my mental kitty check.

I thought you all would get a kick out my Do you have cats question.

fifi1puss

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That was funny. I never have kitty remnants on me ,but the scratches always give it away!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thats funny! I have my routine, too that I go through to make sure I am cat hair free or at least try to be. I love wearing black, too, but have pretty much given that color up.

When mine were kittens, I had scratches all of the time, not too much since they are older, except about a month ago I was holding Laura while I was walking when she decided she wanted to ride on my shoulders and used her back claws to crawl up my chest OMG that hurt and left a huge long scratch. Those that knew me asked which cat did it, those that didnt asked what happened

mistressotdark

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just use the saying " no outfit is complete without cat hair"...
I have 2 black cats..and most of my clothes..are black...
so..
the hairs blend in!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mistressotdark

I just use the saying " no outfit is complete without cat hair"...
I have 2 black cats..and most of my clothes..are black...
so..
the hairs blend in!
unfortunately, i have several cats of different colors... no matter what color i wear, someone's hair would be visible!

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
My chair at work is covered in cat hair so everyone knows I have them. Like Laureen, the cats come in colors that are complementary to anything I wear. Carly likes to give me nuzzles right before I leave for work so you can guess how bad it can be.

Cat people know other cat people. We're not a secret society but a happy one.

lsanders

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Right now I have a nasty scratch right on the base of my neck, like where there's that little V in your collar bone.

My mom's cat is terrified of the outdoors, and anything having to do with it. I was holding him last week and my sister BURST through the front door and the cat violently sprang off my chest, leaving a really deep scratch. I've been putting scar gel (er, anti-scar gel) on it and it's better but I fear how this is going to look, and in a place I can't easily cover up, especially as someone who loathes turtlenecks.

I've only had 3 people ask me about it, none of them cat people and they just give me that look, like "that's why I don't like cats!"
Not doin' a whole lot for their reputation!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katachtig

My chair at work is covered in cat hair so everyone knows I have them. Like Laureen, the cats come in colors that are complementary to anything I wear. Carly likes to give me nuzzles right before I leave for work so you can guess how bad it can be.

Cat people know other cat people. We're not a secret society but a happy one.
hey, what happened to your sig?

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lakerzrule

She sticks her tongue out of her mouth and is moving it up and down rapidly for 3 minutes at a time. And her body is still when she does this.
weird... no, none of mine have ever done anything like that