<Of all the luck

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Fell down the stairs at the trains station in Stockholm today. Cut my head open, and may have broken my wrist. Man, it hurts.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

Fell down the stairs at the trains station in Stockholm today. Cut my head open, and may have broken my wrist. Man, it hurts.
Dang! that sucks big time. Hoping you are only having a minor problem that will soon take care of itself.

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh no! That stinks! Go have it x-rayed if you can!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

Ow, so sorry. I assume you've seen a doctor or gone to emergency. If not, you should.
just to make sure whether it's broken or something else. in my experience [limited] broken doesn't hurt as much as strains & sprains.
sending healing & for your head & wrist...

mer636

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
eeeekkkk I hope you get better soon that really sucks

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know much of the US health insurance doesn't cover incidents in other countries.
I hope you sought treatment and are doing better.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh gosh, I'm sorry -- I hope the pain subsides quickly and this doesn't ruin the rest of your trip. When we went to Ireland and Scotland in 2001, my mom fell on some steps in the ruins at the Rock of Cashel (in Ireland) and sprained her ankle, which put a serious damper on things from then on.

However, we were touched and humbled by the kindness of the Irish. The clerk at our hotel directed us to a small, 1950s-era hospital just down the street, where they took an X-ray (calling the radiologist in from home, it being a Sunday) to be sure nothing was broken and applied a pressure bandage. We asked if they could rent us a wheelchair to use while we were in town, and they said no, but they could lend us one.

And when we tried to pay for Mom's X-ray and bandage, they told us, "No indeed, we always care for travellers at no charge."

We love Ireland.

mz kitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh brother...............that sucks since you are out of the country. Insurance might be a problem, but more importantly, what kind of medical care will you receive? I hope everything is OK. Let us know.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, it´s ugly, bruised, and swollen today. My wrist, that is, not my head!

We will be home tomorrow night, so I'll go to the doctor on Friday if it's still looking bad.

Made me feel like a clumsy old man!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Yikes! You could try going to a Swedish hospital (ER) - since they have national health insurance, you won't have to pay an arm and a leg, if anything, and everybody there speaks/understands English. Don't suffer unnecessarily.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Be careful on the plane ride home. Make sure you move around and do exercises!