*****KatKwiz! - June 10 - Surprise inside!*****

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
NDY! Therefore, today's winner will receive 4,000 points! You must supply the exact wording as found on TCS. Do not tell where you found your answer.
______________allows you to send private messages to multiple forum members at the same time

When we have the correct answer we shall proceed with KatKwery which will allow up to five winners.! The cats are here waiting to pick five easy secret words.

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

NDY! Therefore, today's winner will receive 4,000 points! You must supply the exact wording as found on TCS. Do not tell where you found your answer.
______________allows you to send private messages to multiple forum members at the same time

When we have the correct answer we shall proceed with KatKwery which will allow up to five winners.! The cats are here waiting to pick five easy secret words.
Adding people to your buddy list also allows you to send private messages to multiple forum members at the same time.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Okay, the answer is:

Put ; between the nicks of the members....for example

Coolcat ; Coolcat ; Coolcat ;

you can send until 5 different member per PM..

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Catkiki

Adding people to your buddy list also allows you to send private messages to multiple forum members at the same time.
Yow! You won the big pot today! 4,000 points are being sent your way. You are exactly correct and here is the answer for our other players that did not find it:

1. Click on FAQ
2. Click on User Maintenance
3. Click on What are the buddy and ignore lists?

Congratulations, Catkiki!

KatKwery: Following are five questions that have to do with today's KatKwiz. Each question is designed so as to help you use one of the five secret words of the day, which pay 700 points each. You can only win once each day. Just answer the questions and you may be on your way to winning 100,000 points (click on link below for details.) Do you have a buddy list? Why or why not? About how many people are in your buddy list? Have you used the multiple forum member options discussed in today's KatKwiz? Why or why not do you have an ignore list?

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CoolCat

Okay, the answer is:

Put ; between the nicks of the members....for example

Coolcat ; Coolcat ; Coolcat ;

you can send until 5 different member per PM..
Sorry, you did not win today but you have pointed out a way of sending to five members at a time whether you have a buddy list or not. I have used this method in the past. I imagine the limitation of five is to prevent spamming.

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have a buddy list. Usually if I want to PM someone I'll click on their username and hit send private message. I don't have an ingnore list either. Nobody on here bugs me.

pipersjo

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

Do you have a buddy list? Why or why not? About how many people are in your buddy list? Have you used the multiple forum member options discussed in today's KatKwiz? Why or why not do you have an ignore list? [/color][/size][/color][/size]
I don't have a buddy or ignore list. The only people that I have ever put on ignore lists have turned out to be trolls and they are dealt with so quickly here that I do not worry about it. If I did have either list, there probably would not be that many people on it-- in general on the internet, I "speak" to everyone or no one. I don't know why, I just do. I have definately used the multiple forum member option that Rigel mentioned but since i don't have a buddy list, I have never used that option.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise

Do you have a buddy list? Why or why not? About how many people are in your buddy list? Have you used the multiple forum member options discussed in today's KatKwiz? Why or why not do you have an ignore list?
i have a buddy list, altho i've never used it for the multiple PM option. i've never sent a PM that i wanted to go to more than one person,
currently, there are 31 people on my buddy list - but it needs updating! i also have an ignore list, but there's only 1 person on it. luckily, i've never needed to add any more - what's more, that 1 person was only added about 3-4 months ago. prior to that, i didn't have anyone here on ignore.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Do you have a buddy list? Why or why not? About how many people are in your buddy list? Have you used the multiple forum member options discussed in today's KatKwiz? Why or why not do you have an ignore list?
Wow, what happened to all the KatKwery players? Can't a guy get sick without everybody deserting ship? Just kidding, no matter how many players there end up being, somebody is going to win 100,000 points OR MORE. Here are my answers:
No, I have never set up a buddy list, I guess I sort of considered everybody on here more or less my buddy. Therefore I have zero in my buddy list. Since I do not have a buddy list, I have not used the multiple forum member option mentioned in today's KatKwiz. Actually, I learn most of these things myself looking for new questions, so I am now aware of a benefit of having a buddy list. Last year I did have an ignore list. Since coming back on Jan 1, there has been absolutely no reason whatsoever to have one so I do not ignore anybody. (I may or may not have used any of the secret words, I am just answering the questions as I normally would before DW reveals the secret words to me.) I do this as a helpful tool in how to go about "accidently" using the secret words.

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Wow, what happened to all the KatKwery players? Can't a guy get sick without everybody deserting ship? Just kidding, no matter how many players there end up being, somebody is going to win 100,000 points OR MORE. Here are my answers:
No, I have never set up a buddy list, I guess I sort of considered everybody on here more or less my buddy. Therefore I have zero in my buddy list. Since I do not have a buddy list, I have not used the multiple forum member option mentioned in today's KatKwiz. Actually, I learn most of these things myself looking for new questions, so I am now aware of a benefit of having a buddy list. Last year I did have an ignore list. Since coming back on Jan 1, there has been absolutely no reason whatsoever to have one so I do not ignore anybody. (I may or may not have used any of the secret words, I am just answering the questions as I normally would before DW reveals the secret words to me.) I do this as a helpful tool in how to go about "accidently" using the secret words.
Thanks for the points! As for a buddy list. I don't have one. I consider everyone here my friends since we are all cat people, and cat people are the nicest people on earth. I don't have an ignore list for just the same reason. I have never been harrassed, so there isn't a need for it.

monaxlisa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

No buddy list here, I dont really know anyone on the forum! No ignore list either! I've only tried to send one PM to two people at the same time once and I used the ; but it didnt go through because one persons inbox was full. Go figure!

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
KatKwery: Following are five questions that have to do with today's KatKwiz. Each question is designed so as to help you use one of the five secret words of the day, which pay 700 points each. You can only win once each day. Just answer the questions and you may be on your way to winning 100,000 points (click on link below for details.) Do you have a buddy list? Why or why not? About how many people are in your buddy list? Have you used the multiple forum member options discussed in today's KatKwiz? Why or why not do you have an ignore list?

I have a buddy list so that I dont have to remember the spelling of some of the harder to spell names! Its easier to send a private message that way and I do enjoy being able to send to more than one person at a time for some things, like when you send the *Ive Been Kissed* on! (chain mail or forwards, whatever you want to call it!) I have used the option to send to more than one user on more than one occasion! Sometimes there is news I want to share with my friends here but not everyone! Its really easy to use! I do have an ignore list because someone flamed me really bad and hurt my feelings so to deal with the problem I just clicked the add to ignore list button and havn't heard a word since! I probably have about only 20 people on my buddylist! Not that many really! I love having all the different options on the User CP, it makes it easier for me! I do sometimes wish I could send to more than 5 people at once, but Ill get over it! Its a nice feature either way!

I can't believe I missed todays katkwiz! It was a long day though!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No sir, I do not have a buddy list, but I sure do have a lot of buddies!
When I need to PM someone, I'm usually pretty good at remembering the nickname accurately, and of course there's also that helpful pop-up window that shows you potential matches -- that's a very convenient reminder.

I've never had an ignore list -- not even on another forum I used to visit, where hostility abounded. I guess I'm too paranoid to risk missing something that I might need to respond to!

Isn't it amazing how rarely we have serious conflict or flaming here? Granted, I stay out of IMO (except on rare occasions when a thread I've become interested in gets moved there), but with so many posts here every day (and Lee, I'll bet you can tell us exactly how many!), it's statistically remarkable even in the "civil" forums that nearly everyone remains patient, considerate, and kind -- even when they disagree vehemently!

(Ha! Yes, I'm sure "vehemently" was one of your secret words, wasn't it, Lee?
)