you have a job why.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We are having network issues.
in spain,UK, and china.

The new contract says i am not to call MCI or Verzion world wide. If there are issues i can not fix or look to be the issue of the local phone company, I am to call the clients third level network team,and they are to take it from there.

What response do i get.
them:Why are you calling me.
me: cause its no longer my job to send trouble tickets to MCI.
Them: fine it can wait to morning.
ME: which morning, there morning or are morning.
cause its already morning there.
them: click.....

this is going to be a fun morning before i go home i can tell

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

ME: which morning, there morning or are morning.
cause its already morning there....
LOL! Good point!

I don't know how you can take this kind of incompetence from people who are supposed to be working with you! I wish you luck; try not to let 'em drive you crazy.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lol i was right,

People where rushing in this morning asking why the china sites where down.

I got blank looks when i told them, i called, and was told it could wait until morning , :p

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You know, incompetence runs the USPS too! You're not the only one surrounded by idiots, Bruce.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Essayons89

You know, incompetence runs the USPS too! You're not the only one surrounded by idiots, Bruce.
well dont hold it in, Tell the stories

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cococat

I highly agree
Bruce, welcome to third-party support, or at least that is how I read your message.

I worked for a big software vendor is various areas of support. Let's get to the telephone support for a new package where a different software package was used to produce the reports and the software agreement said that the customers had the right to create custom reports but not change the delivered.

Well, the customers changed the delivered reports. Then they created their own reports. The customers would call support. We had to tell them that we do not support custom reports. But you support the report writer. Yes, that is for the delivered reports and if you find a problem with them, we will fix it. But we licensed your product so our reports are covered, right? Well, no. I am going to fax you the code. I just said that they were welcome to do that but to remember that their problem had to go to the bottom of my queue. This did not make them happy.

Believe or not, that position was way better than being the account manager for beta sites of new $$$$ software, being on the road for a total number of days to total 3 months and not remembering where the last year of your daughter's life had went at her birthday party.

Boy, I turned this reply into my rant. Sorry, Bruce. I just started to tell you that I understood and was sympathetic, and then all those memories...