We're going to Alabama

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tomorrow we're leaving to go to Alabama for about a week to see DH's family, so i'll definitely miss everyone on TCS while we're away! I'm kind of looking foward to going to the beach though!

We're supposed to go later in the week to Dauphin Island (his family is in Mobile so they're close) and spend the day at the beach- that'll be a welcome change to the current rainy memphis weather we're having
I definitely need a little "vacation" it's been a pretty stressful month for us, so this should be a good little trip. My sister and her family are going to be taking care of our animals while we're away so i'm sure they'll be spoiled rotten when we get back

I'm going to try and make it through the week without going through TCS withdrawl
We'll see!!!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I still find it weird that Colin is your DH.

Have fun, relax, just enjoy the trip...and take pics for us!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

I still find it weird that Colin is your DH.

Have fun, relax, just enjoy the trip...and take pics for us!
Me too sometimes!
It sure is nice though

Originally Posted by catsallover

*Waves as you go by central Alabama*
Originally Posted by ldpeterson

Have a fun and safe trip!!
Thanks you guys! We had a pretty good time down there. We got back last night, so we'd be home in time for my nephew's birthday today (he's 11).

We got to see the USS Alabama and a lot of other neat stuff while we were there and got to actually meet Glen Frazier -http://www.pbs.org/thewar/detail_5171.htm
one of the WWII soldiers (The PBS series "The War" has his story in it and he also wrote "hell's war") anyways, it was amazing to get to meet one of the WWII soldiers - we got our picture taken with him and he signed our book and talked a while. We also got to meet several other soldiers from that time as well who were there for a reunion. It was a really neat experience.

We also got to hang out with my sister in law and colin's brother while we were there and did a few things (flea market, movie.etc.) That was pretty much it for our trip. It was nice, but i'm glad to be back home now.
I missed my furbabies lol.

I do have a bit of sad news though- on last Monday, while Colin and I were drivig on our way out of town, I called my mom to see what she was up to and let her know we were leaving, and she told me that she had just had to have my 13yr old wolf mix, Ginger put to sleep
She had gone down hill soo rapidly that it just was unavoidable
So that was really heartbreaking for us. Even though she lived with my mom, she was really my dog (i left her with my mom when i moved out because she was so bonded to her.) Poor Ginger had lost all control of her bowels and bladder and had more tumors on her....it was really sad, but it was her time. So i did spend a good portion of our time out of town upset about her passing, but i know it was for the best and she's no longer in pain. I will post a thread about her in the bridge section later tonight or tomorrow in her honor.

So that's pretty much been our week in a nutshell. Thanks everyone who wished us a safe trip- we appreciated it

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bought Neil "The War" DVD's and he watches them alll the time I'll mention to him that you met someone from the series. Glad that you had a good time and sorry to hear about Ginger going to the RB though.