French Fries...

naia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
How do you guys eat your french fries? What kind of sauce do you dip them in?

I like them unsalted best. I like to dip them in ice cream. My SO thinks it's gross, but I thought a lot of people do the same!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
if the fries are hot, i like salt & pepper. once they've cooled down, i like ketchup.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't eat them with anything - I don't like a lot of salt, I'd rather have pepper on them

But, nothing is better than fries in a chocolate shake
McDonalds is the best combo of their fries & chocolate shake

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like them with ice cream. In fact, I used to go to Denny's every weekend with my friends and would order a hot fudge sundae (with extra whipped cream), an order of fries....and a diet coke.

What I dip them in depends on my mood. I normally go for ketchup, but sometimes was bbq sauce. I LOVE them dipped in mayo but I try to stay away from that if I can. Oh, and the more salt, the better!

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My hubby likes his with mayo and I like mine in a sandwich. He used to laugh at me eating french fry sandwiches until I convinced him to try a bite and he agreed it was good. Of course I have the English malt vinegar, salt and pepper on it.

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, fries are a major weakness for me.
McDonald's I'll eat salted, or I also like them dipped in chocolate ice cream or their tartar sauce.
Burger King's aren't that good, so ranch dressing.
Culver's and the local gyro place (theirs are awesome!) dipped in chocolate custard.
Wendy's, salted, or dipped in a Frosty.
And I love Arby's curly fries, too. Dipped in their hot cheese sauce.

None other come to mind, so I guess they're not worth mentioning.

There, I think I covered them all.
I hear in Canada, they have gravy to dip theirs in?

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gravy or mayo (especially McDonalds mayo) but if I don't have either of those then ketchup or just with some salt on them. I usually have a salt grinder with sea salt in it.

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pipersjo

Definately bleu cheese!
I never had it until my SO and I got together the first time 4 years ago and now I love it!
Blue cheese rules.

My favorite fries are the thick steak cut fries. I usually just eat fries with ketchup, sometimes without. Fries are also good topped with melted cheese and bacon along with some ranch dressing to dip them in.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Always with chicken salt, then either in a sandwich or with gravy.

zorana_dragonky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am somewhat frightened by the idea of dipping French Fries in ice cream.
I mean, whatever floats your boat of course!

I like my french fries with salt. If the fries are not very good, I will eat them with Ketchup. Otherwise, I prefer a little salt and the taste of potatoes and grease.

wildfire203

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Like mine in icecream chocolate, strawberry or vinallia or I like to dip my fries in applesauce, honey musturd sauce or sweet and sour sauce.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by menagerie mama

I hear in Canada, they have gravy to dip theirs in?
In my teens it was the norm to order French Fries with gravy and then add ketchup. I still love french fries and gravy but it has to be good pan-dripping gravy, none of those canned or packaged gravy.

In Quebec fries are covered in gravy and cheese curds and called poutine. Some places in Ontario sell Poutine (not sure of the other Provinces).

mer636

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
actually a lot of places in ontario sell poutin! lol it's sooo good mmmmm

rone

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
For me, the fries must be right off the grease. I can't tell you how many times I sent the fries back because they were luke warm (yuck). I eat fries with only salt & ketchup.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mer636

actually a lot of places in ontario sell poutin! lol it's sooo good mmmmm
I don't care for poutine so I hadn't checked around but have seen the "poutine" signs here and there. I would assume since there are French pockets in the west that poutine would also be popular there.

whuckleberry

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm surprised at the number of people who like fries with ice cream, because I've NEVER seen anyone do that!

For me, it's ketchup and occasionally....mustard!

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like 'em with mayo... tasted it in Europe once and got hooked. Ice cream doesn't sound good to me, doesn't it make the french fries cold? How about garlic ice cream which people say is really good? Maybe with fries!