The story of Murray

purrrplej

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My apologies if you belong to another cat site and have already read this tale, but I love telling it because I think it's an interesting story, how my Murray and I got together.

Murray used to be a stray cat who hung around my apartment complex. I would see him, along with other stray cats. He caught my eye because he was a big, beautiful Siamese. I would say hello to him and the other cats. Apparently I made a good impression on Murray with my hellos, because he decided I was someone worth getting to know.

One night when I was coming home, I opened the door to my apartment, and in came Murray, rushing past me inside the apartment, and he ran straight to the refrigerator and sat down. I didn't have much food in the house suitable for feeding a cat - my friend (who I was on the phone with) suggested lunch meat, and I happened to have an unopened pack of chicken. Murray was so hungry, he ate the entire pack! Then I gave him a little bit of Chunky soup with turkey.

I left the door to the apartment open so Murray could leave at any time. But he just settled in with me in the living room and watched TV with me. When bedtime came, I just closed the door and let him stay.

The next day, I bought some cat supplies, even though I wasn't yet sure whether I would keep him (my complex didn't allow pets). The day after that, I took him to the vet for an exam and shots. Murray ended up having an allergic reaction to the shots - I knew something was very wrong when the active, inquisitive, sociable kitty I had come to know just laid listlessly in the closet. So, it being a weekend, I rushed him to the animal hospital, where he was given an IV and some Benadryl. Seeing him lying there in the hospital looking so vulnerable, with his little paw shaved for the IV, I just fell totally in love with him and knew I had to keep him.

And now, several years later, I am so glad I have him to keep me company and alleviate the loneliness. I hope he's glad, too, that he decided to "adopt" me!

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You and Murray are very lucky to have found each other! Do you have any pictures of Murray to post?

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That story made my eyes tear up!!! He just knew.... isn't it amazing how they do that?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

purrrplej

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by abbycats

You and Murray are very lucky to have found each other! Do you have any pictures of Murray to post?
We are lucky (at least, I know I'm lucky! I hope he feels lucky, too - I try to be a good "mom" to him). I don't think I have picture-posting privileges, since I'm not a premium member. :-( I also think that means I can't use an avatar...

mom2raven

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I think you can post pictures after you have a certian number of posts. I am not a premium member either and I can post pictures and have an avatar.

purrrplej

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mom2raven

I think you can post pictures after you have a certian number of posts. I am not a premium member either and I can post pictures and have an avatar.
Thanks!

cc12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww what a sweet story. Murray sounds like a great cat. Animals are great for alleviating loneliness. We alleviate their and in return they do the same.

purrrplej

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CC12

Awww what a sweet story. Murray sounds like a great cat. Animals are great for alleviating loneliness. We alleviate their and in return they do the same.
Murray is a great cat. I hope he thinks I'm a good Mom, too, and that I'm giving him a better life than he had out on the mean streets.

I posted some (not very good) pix of Murray in the Newcomers forum.