Report on the cats Persi & Alley

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cats were finally reunited with us last Monday. We brought them to their new home in carrying cases. In the case of Persi, this was his FIFTH home to live in over last five weeks (our old home, the hotel, his jail time, living with SIL) and now here. Alley did not have to serve the jail sentence, but it was still her fourth home.

We placed the litter box on the first floor and we hoped for the best. We decided that they could learn to use one litter box on just one floor and we have not been disappoined. Noone has had an accident and they are sharing the same litter box which is hidden away out of sight except to them.

We decided to leave them right there to explore on their own. I predicted that Persi would be the first to climb the stairs and that Alley would stay on the first floor for days. However, there are no beds or other like things to hide under on the first floor. DW and I have a bedroom on the third floor. There are two very scary flights of stairs to climb to get to this room, passing many scary new things. We left all of the first floor lights on but did not leave the stairway lights on or any lights on the second floor.

I was having a bad dream that night that people were hitting me on the head and trying to take my money away from me. I awoke and much to my amazement both cats were playing on the bed, Alley attacking my head.
So I do not know who went up the stairs first. Did Alley follow Persi? I will never know but I was so happy to find both cats on the bed the first night. I would have never believed this to be possible.

Persi is still exploring the house a little at a time during the day but Alley still hides under the sofa most of the day. We have a vacuum elevator in this house and when operated it sounds like a big giant vacuum cleaner and both cats are terrified of it. Both cats run for cover when it is operated so I don't know how long it will take them to adjust to it.

Many of you told me I had unfounded worries and I am so happy you were right. What a joy it was to find Alley attacking my head in bed on the first night!
I could not believe it was possible. I am always going to wonder about how they arrived on our bed from the first floor that very first night.

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How great that they're settling in so fast! That's wonderful news!

Hope you're doing better too!

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

I could not believe it was possible. I am always going to wonder about how they arrived on our bed from the first floor that very first night.
Well, cats are nature's top hunters.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Any foster cat I bring home immediately has to check out every corner of every room in the apartment, upstairs and down. I figured Persi and Alley would have no trouble investigating your new place

p.s. The stairs are the favorite place for mine to play and chase eachother, thundering up and down like a herd of wild beasts, LOL. Yours may discover this as well!