Idiots

h~chan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't you just hate the people that join a forum you're on and make an intro post just to tell people that they think they're stupid and.. just be negative?

So I joined a forum a few days ago, but it seems like a lot of the people are just immature kids, but not everyone. Earlier I was posting around in the Welcome forum and this new member started an intro thread and was going on about how "most of the people on the website are 'twits' and how everyone should leave her a welcome comment even though she doesn't care and blah blah.." I just think it's so stupid when people do that.

So I quoted someone else who was like "what's the point of even making a thread and asking to be welcomed if you're rude and don't care?" and said I agree, so she quotes me and is like "Stop wasting your time in my thread"

Idiot.

Honestly, I'm surprised we never see those here, it seems like every forum I've ever been on has, at least every once in a while, has a member or two that join to be rude and/or talk about how much they "hate" whatever that forum was made for (and end up getting banned
).

Some people are so dumb.

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's a troll. Their entire purpose is to do just what that one did...upset the members. Trolls love nothing better than that.

lauracatlover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate that too. I think it's so immature. But the reason why we don't have it is because everyone on here is mature and nice and friendly. And most of them are adults, not silly little children. LoL
. I
TCS!

cc12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am a moderator on a different board unrelated to cats and we get trolls sometimes. Usually the members see through it. The forum is a very busy high volume forum and sometimes a troll sneaks through. Once we spot them we monitor them to see if they are truly a troll or just caustic. They all end up banned rather quickly.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

h~chan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lauracatlover

I hate that too. I think it's so immature. But the reason why we don't have it is because everyone on here is mature and nice and friendly. And most of them are adults, not silly little children. LoL
. I
TCS!
Ahhh, that's one of the reasons I love it here.. there's no immature little brats running around the forums.

I
TCS too!

tab

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

one of my main reasons for staying here is just that.

have tried and failed with other forums because there is too much troll activity or no one speaks to you cos you're new.

however here i received a lovely warm welcome that has never ended!

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lauracatlover

. I
TCS!
and...

Originally Posted by Rosiemac

Like Kelly said, those are trolls that post things like that just to get the members backs up, but we make sure they don't out stay their welcome
we have amazing mods like Sues who catch and dispatch them quickly!

save_adopt

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
i used to be a mod on another forum, it was FILLED with people like that. and joy oh joy i was assigned to the young teens section... i gave up and left the site

Some sites just arent as nice as TCS

h~chan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tab

have tried and failed with other forums because there is too much troll activity or no one speaks to you cos you're new.

however here i received a lovely warm welcome that has never ended!
I know how that goes, I hate when people ignore you because you're new. They were new at some point, too!

Originally Posted by twstychik

we have amazing mods like Sues who catch and dispatch them quickly!
I agree, I like the mods on TCS, and they aren't full of themselves like the ones I've seen on the other forums I've been on.

sportbikemike

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
You don't know how many forums I've been on (mostly car/bike related) where I stopped going on because of the idiots. There doesn't seem to be that problem on this forum thankfully.

And how sad is it that someone is so pathetic, they have nothing better to do than go on forums and antagonize people??

mer636

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have to agree with everyone in saying that this forum is excellent and one of the best that I have been to!

There is never anyone (thats normal thinking anyway) making stupid or rude threads and there is never anyone being mean to anyone else!

I applaud everyone around here for being so welcoming and all around amazing people

oh and for all the other people just being inconsiderate maybe start your own forum and wallow in your own negativity

belongstoevie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, that's terrible!! This is the only "forum" on the internet I am or have ever been on. I love this place!
I have no personal experience to say "this is my favorite", but based on what you all are saying, I don't think I'll be joining any other "forums" any time soon! I can't imagine having to deal with people like that...

I'm so glad I found TCS instead of someother place!

h~chan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, it's pretty sad that now I've been talking with a member who's been messaging me for a few days.. and sometimes it's SO hard to even tell what she's talking about because she runs a lot of words and sentences together and then brings up random things that we weren't even talking about, so I said that I wasn't sure what she was trying to say, and she messages me and is like..

"You're being annoyingly obtuse. What do your friends say when you act like that, that you just had a blonde moment? I'm not buying that for a second."

Um, what the heck??
It's annoying enough that I can barely understand what she's saying, and when I ask, she says ridiculous things like that? I think I'll be adding my first person to my ignore list here pretty soon.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by h~chan

"You're being annoyingly obtuse. What do your friends say when you act like that, that you just had a blonde moment? I'm not buying that for a second."

Um, what the heck??
It's annoying enough that I can barely understand what she's saying, and when I ask, she says ridiculous things like that? I think I'll be adding my first person to my ignore list here pretty soon.
that would've been the last one i got from her. i added my 1st 'ignored' person a few months ago, after some rather accusatory PMs...

h~chan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

that would've been the last one i got from her. i added my 1st 'ignored' person a few months ago, after some rather accusatory PMs...
Luckily I haven't put anyone on my ignore list on TCS. Hopefully it stays that way.

I haven't heard much from her for a while, though she decided to make a comment about how she liked my avatar and wanted it, and then decided to turn around and say she hates it and I should get rid of it (jealous much?).
If she says anything again, she's going on my ignore list if I don't like it.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lol should try being a mod on a gaming forum.
i swear the adults are worse then most of the kids