How Times Change

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nothing much was on tv this evening so I watched 2 episodes of "The Honeymooners".

This was a very popular show in it's day. However while I was watching Ralph go off on his wife and rant and yell, and heard the audience laugh tracks in the background, all I could do was sit here and shake my head at how pathetic that show really is.

Anyone else feel differently about a television show that you used to enjoy watching?

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It wasn't a show that I watched regularly, but I had the TV on the other day and Walker, Texas Ranger came on. I was kinda surprsied at how bad the acting was and how, um, hokey the story line was

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've always found The Honeymooner's to be an uncomfortable show to watch. I rarely found it funny. I used to watch it when I babysat as it was one of the few things on in the wee hours.

One of my favorite childhood shows was Lost in Space. I have it programmed into my DVR, and it's actually surprising how often it's on. It's really hokey, and the production values are pretty low!

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Nothing much was on tv this evening so I watched 2 episodes of "The Honeymooners".
used to love the honeymooners. however it does looked dated.
But does not stop it from being a great show for its day.

Originally Posted by katiemae1277

It wasn't a show that I watched regularly, but I had the TV on the other day and Walker, Texas Ranger came on. I was kinda surprsied at how bad the acting was and how, um, hokey the story line was
lol that show was always bad
, he was never a good actor.
i only watched the shows that my cousin was in.(he was just one of the guys that chuck would beat up)

lol the one that comes to mind was i used to watch speed racer as kid, loved the show. i saw it again couple of years ago when MTV had it, I was like omg, this show is sooooo bad.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All the time. We caught the 2 beginning episodes of WKRP in Cinninanni last nite. A lot of the 70's shows we grew up from have opened our eyes. We see things we didn't see before (good and bad).

One of the most shocking movies that we saw was Kentucky Fried Movie. It had a heck of a lot of funny things in it we remembered, but we were a little shocked at how much "riske'" stuff was in the movie. Things we would NOT want our teen boys to see....
Guess that's the difference of being a teen/young 20's and now a parent.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was never a big fan of the Honeymooners (Ralph just got on my nerves) but I know what you mean.

Has anyone paid attention to the old Bugs Bunny and Warner Bros cartoons? I grew up on them and LOVED them, but now, as an adult, I can see almost every single one has a political or social statement in them.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lol i love bugs!!
been buying the dvd of those cartoons.
makes you see how cut up the ones on tv became

shopcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I never liked the Honeymooners, because of his yelling.
Knight Rider...Ugh!! How horrible! What was I thinking??