New addition!!!!!!!

lovemycatswsq

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yup I have a kitten!!!!!!! She actually is from my sisters cats litter she is 15 weeks old and has a medium coat. My sister had her, her brother who is black, and then 5 other kittens who are 8 weeks old. Yeah neither one of her cats are spayed but she has changed them both to indoor only cats until she can afford to have them spayed. I have been helping her find homes for the kittens (4 have gone to new homes). But now she is talking about taking them all to the shelter.

Well I have fallen in love with this orange tabby female. When ever I come to her house the kitten from where she was would come running to me and climb into my lap. She then would play and cuddle with me the whole time I am there. My mom swore no more animals since we already have three cats. Two of which belong to her. Well tonight she broke down and said we would TRY with this kitten. We're gonna give her a week and see how it all goes with food and kitty litter and of course how she gets on with the other cats. If all goes well I can keep her. If it doesent I have to find her a new home. But I am hoping for it all to go well. I also brought her home with the understanding that when I move out my mom will be left with two cats and one dog. Also with the understanding that she is a graduation, birthday, and christmas present all wrapped into one if she stays lol my mom made that clear.

I am absolutely in love and attached to this kitten. So keep your fingers crossed I can keep her! No name yet. My sisters kids called her "Fuzzball" but I don't like that name.

Funny little fact. I own all the female animals in the house and my mom owns all the males.

I will post pictures as soon as she is calmed down.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats, but I will say one thing. It will take LONGER then one week to have a kitten adjust to a home and other pets. You need to gradually introduce them to the resident cats. And it will not happen in a week. Besides, there will be weeks or even months before everyone is accepted and not hissing and growling.

Its not like a puppy that is welcome in a group of dogs. Kittens take a lot longer. I hope your mom realizes this. Too many people only give a kitten a few days or a week and then say "its not getting along - get rid of it".

When we brought Charlie home (4 months old) the dog and him were friends within 2-3 days. But Ling, the only cat in the house, took MONTHS to like him - she really didn't associate with him for a good 6 months.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lovemycatswsq

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Congrats, but I will say one thing. It will take LONGER then one week to have a kitten adjust to a home and other pets. You need to gradually introduce them to the resident cats. And it will not happen in a week. Besides, there will be weeks or even months before everyone is accepted and not hissing and growling.

Its not like a puppy that is welcome in a group of dogs. Kittens take a lot longer. I hope your mom realizes this. Too many people only give a kitten a few days or a week and then say "its not getting along - get rid of it".

When we brought Charlie home (4 months old) the dog and him were friends within 2-3 days. But Ling, the only cat in the house, took MONTHS to like him - she really didn't associate with him for a good 6 months.
We are aware of this. The kitten is staying we have just decided. Im off to find anouther cat forum.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Am I missing something? Is she mad or upset about what I said?
i guess so... don't know why, i thought you were perfectly polite, myself!
oh, well, kids!