Melt in your mouth mints

sophiec

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am in search for some of these mints that melt in your mouth. I know they have the regular peppermint ones that melt in your mouth. The ones I'm talking about are a little different. I remember them being round in shape. These are super light & airy and start melting the instant they hit your tongue. I remember them in peppermint, spearmint, & butter. The spearmint ones were pale green with dark green stripes on them and the butter ones were pale yellow with dark yellow stripes on them. Does anyone remember these....and do they still make them?

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SophieC

I am in search for some of these mints that melt in your mouth. I know they have the regular peppermint ones that melt in your mouth. The ones I'm talking about are a little different. I remember them being round in shape. These are super light & airy and start melting the instant they hit your tongue. I remember them in peppermint, spearmint, & butter. The spearmint ones were pale green with dark green stripes on them and the butter ones were pale yellow with dark yellow stripes on them. Does anyone remember these....and do they still make them?
were they foamy, kinda like meringues?

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise

yes, I think I remember them that way.
i found some like that at drug emporium. can't remember the name, either.
you could probably make something very like them, tho - just add mint flavoring to these: forgotten cookies

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

Didn't Fanny May candies make something like that? I wanna say they were called Melt-a-ways.
they make Mint Meltaways, but those are chocolate mints -
but not the same thing...

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I know what you're talking about. They're in light pastel colors, right? I know Walmart has them in their candy aisle in a big bag. Well, at least my old hometown Walmart does.

Edit: Is it these?

h~chan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

they make Mint Meltaways, but those are chocolate mints -
Ahhhh, I LOVE those things!

If it's the pastel party mints you're talking about, we have a huge carton of them in our pantry.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I remember those. They were popular in little candy dishes by cash registers in restaurants and hotels. That is until someone figured out how germy they got from dozens of hands picking at them.

I haven't seen them in years.

At the risk of hijacking your thread.... anyone remember "icy cups"? I love those. But I can't find them anywhere

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

I remember those. They were popular in little candy dishes by cash registers in restaurants and hotels. That is until someone figured out how germy they got from dozens of hands picking at them.

are you talking about the pastel mints [pillow-shaped, you see them at weddings] or the spherical ones that SophieC is looking for?

krazycatlover

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have had and heard of after dinner mints but the different flavors are one color. THey are not stripped

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise

The little square pillow shaped ones. Isn't that what she's looking for?

http://www.robins-nest.org/store/ima...ow%20Mints.jpg
no, she's looking for some that are spherical, & they're kinda foamy inside, like crispy meringues. i've had them, too, altho i prefer crunching them up rather than letting them melt.
seems like we sold some as 'band candy' once, lo, these many years ago. i also bought some not too long ago @ Drug Emporium... but neither of us can remember what they're called!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sophiec

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StacyD1987

I think I know what you're talking about. They're in light pastel colors, right? I know Walmart has them in their candy aisle in a big bag. Well, at least my old hometown Walmart does.

Edit: Is it these?
Nope, not those.

Originally Posted by h~chan

Ahhhh, I LOVE those things!

If it's the pastel party mints you're talking about, we have a huge carton of them in our pantry.
I have some of those....made by Richardson Brands Company. I got some of the butter ones and the ones that are jelly filled.

At the risk of hijacking your thread.... anyone remember "icy cups"? I love those. But I can't find them anywhere
Icy Cups? Not sure I've ever heard of that. Can you describe them?

Originally Posted by laureen227

no, she's looking for some that are spherical, & they're kinda foamy inside, like crispy meringues. i've had them, too, altho i prefer crunching them up rather than letting them melt.
seems like we sold some as 'band candy' once, lo, these many years ago. i also bought some not too long ago @ Drug Emporium... but neither of us can remember what they're called!
Yes, Laureen, the ones I am looking for are round. They are hard, but super light & airy. My mom said she remembered buying them once from someone for a school fundraiser, so it makes sense that you remember them being sold as band candy. I'm going to have to check Drug Emporium. So far, this is about the closest I can find to them, but I definitely remember them being perfectly round.

http://www.oldtimecandy.com/red-bird-puffs.htm

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sophiec

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Linda, is this what you're referring to?

http://www.sweetsncandy.co.uk/prodde...prod=CHOCUP200

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise

Yes, Laureen, the ones I am looking for are round. They are hard, but super light & airy. My mom said she remembered buying them once from someone for a school fundraiser, so it makes sense that you remember them being sold as band candy. I'm going to have to check Drug Emporium. So far, this is about the closest I can find to them, but I definitely remember them being perfectly round.

http://www.oldtimecandy.com/red-bird-puffs.htm
yeah, i saw those yesterday when i was looking for the others. i know exactly what you're talking about - i loved them, too!
but i don't know who makes them...