In Sweden!

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hey, everybody, I found a computer to check in on! Nice weather, lousy service from American Airlines, great service from SAS, but our luggage is still in NJ.

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You`re in sweden?! I must have missed something

Buisiness or pleasure?

I hope you get your luggage soon. That would be my worst nightmare!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We have served on Volvo Trucks owner-operator advisory council for a number of years now, and this is our reward. We are spending a couple of days in Stockholm, then going to...is it Gothberg, or something like that, world headquarters, to see their foundry, etc.

AA changed the time of our flight out sometime in the last week, so instead of 1.5 hours in NJ, we only had 55 minutes. Then they were late to leave and even later to land. The plane to Stockholm was already loading when we got on the ground, but they held it for us. We figured the luggage wouldn´t make it, so we weren´t surprised. Maybe it will get here in the morning.

Going through kitty withdrawal...

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
^It's Gothenburg. I wish I could go to Sweden, I'd go bug my friends and catch some concerts from bands that don't play outside of Sweden.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have a nice time-I hope the luggage makes it or other wise shopping (bummer!!)

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh lucky you!! We'd love, love, love to go to Sweden. My fil's family emigrated here from Sweden and we'd love to find relatives, visit towns they came from etc.

Have a marvelous time

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
have a great time!
good luck w/either receiving your luggage or finding a good store!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh oh oh go to see the ship! It's a Viking ship that sank on its maiden voyage, it's in a museum in Stockholm -- my brother saw it and was just flabbergasted. I hope you have time!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Got the luggage this morning. In serious kitty withdrawal.

Gonna see the Vasa this morning. A Swedish monument to one of the least successful warships of all time. It´s entire career lasted less than 15 minutes, sunk in the harbor without ever firing a shot in anger.

Maybe this is why the Swedes gave up war?

cc12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

Got the luggage this morning. In serious kitty withdrawal.

Gonna see the Vasa this morning. A Swedish monument to one of the least successful warships of all time. It´s entire career lasted less than 15 minutes, sunk in the harbor without ever firing a shot in anger.

Maybe this is why the Swedes gave up war?
Yes, they were smart enough to realize it just wasn't their thing. I am extremely jealous.I would love to get away for awhile. But with new kittens it doesn't seem like a possibility.
Have fun. I am sure the kitties are fine.