TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Did you introduce yourself to TCS?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Did you introduce yourself to TCS?

post #1 of 27
Thread Starter 
I guess I sort of forgot or missed the "New Cats on the Block" forum when I first joined TCS I'm not sure which. I'm in the forum a lot now welcoming our new members! Anyway, I was hoping there were other out there!
post #2 of 27
Uh, yeah...my friend was a member here before me, so when I joined, I just kinda jumped right in, no introduction...
post #3 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnzoLeya View Post
I guess I sort of forgot or missed the "New Cats on the Block" forum when I first joined TCS I'm not sure which. I'm in the forum a lot now welcoming our new members! Anyway, I was hoping there were other out there!
i never did, either
post #4 of 27
Thread Starter 
Oh good! I think I noticed at about 3,000 posts later. A bit late for an introduction
post #5 of 27
I never did either...I'm thinking it's too late now.
post #6 of 27
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by clixpix View Post
I never did either...I'm thinking it's too late now.
Four years later? Yeah, probably
post #7 of 27
i did LOL!
post #8 of 27
I did not do it either. I guess when I get my Sphynx I can post it there because it will be a new Cat.
post #9 of 27
It's been awhile, I don't remember!
post #10 of 27
I certainly did!
post #11 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by bnwalker2 View Post
It's been awhile, I don't remember!
i couldn't remember, either - so i did a search!
post #12 of 27
Hmm, I cant remember but I dont think I did. Maybe I should though, I still dont know anyone!
post #13 of 27
no, I was so paniced to get advice on my newborn foundling, I just didn't think about it.
post #14 of 27
My first posts were about help for my kitten. After that was resovled I figured this was a pretty good place to hang out so I did introduce myself (and got a very warm welcome ). I was off the site for about 2 years due to life issues so I didn't reintroduce myself when I came back...I just jumped right in. Also, somewhere in there I had to change my user name for some reason. I don't know if it was a server issue or what.
post #15 of 27
Yeah, I did.
I`d been looking round at a few forums and decided to join this one but I noticed on some of the others people got quite eggy if you didn`t introduce yourself first I didn`t want to get told off!
post #16 of 27
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbjerkness View Post
no, I was so paniced to get advice on my newborn foundling, I just didn't think about it.
I think I was in the same boat with you. Leya had just went blind and I was freaking out! Luckily this site gave me a lot of advice and let me know that having a blind cat wasn't a big deal. I'm so glad TCS was here for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaffacake View Post
Yeah, I did.
I`d been looking round at a few forums and decided to join this one but I noticed on some of the others people got quite eggy if you didn`t introduce yourself first I didn`t want to get told off!
TCS would never do that! For the most part everyone on here is pretty laid back with a lot of advice to give. I've joined quite a few other forums, but they never compair to TCS.
post #17 of 27
Yes, I introduced myself to TCS!
post #18 of 27
I did! On occasion I stop on in and welcome the new members.
post #19 of 27
haha nope! One day I just started cruising, and didnt even notice there was a forum to introduce yourself. maybe its not too late yet!
post #20 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnzoLeya View Post
I think I was in the same boat with you. Leya had just went blind and I was freaking out! Luckily this site gave me a lot of advice and let me know that having a blind cat wasn't a big deal. I'm so glad TCS was here for me!



TCS would never do that! For the most part everyone on here is pretty laid back with a lot of advice to give. I've joined quite a few other forums, but they never compair to TCS.
( Poxy computer Ok, for the second time...)

You are so right. This is definatley the friendliest forum I`ve come across.

I wanted to join a few othes like for photography and LJ but some people were so rude! The worrying thing was it seemed to be power hungry mods laying into people for tiny mistakes or people with superiority complexes who get their kicks from picking on people. So yeah, I just stay here!
post #21 of 27
I did but it was lost in The Great Crash of 2004.
post #22 of 27
My very first post was asking for advice about improper elimination. I, too, did not notice the new cats on the block forum. I did, however, go back about a week or two later to properly introduce myself and the fur family.
post #23 of 27
I did! my very first post was in the NCOTB forum
Quote:
Originally Posted by katiemae1277 View Post
Just joined the forum to talk to others who love kitties like I do... I am currently the caretaker for 3 darlings, a blue cream calico velcro kitten named Tally, age 6 months, a little orange tabby girl, Sapphire, she came with the name and I have no idea why they would name on orange cat Sapphire??, age approximately 3 years, she's my pretty princess and then there's my beastly, bratty seal point Siamese, Simon age 2 years. Another interesting fact about my babies are they are all Leukemia positive. FeLV+ cats are the only cats I have had for the last 4 years, and this year has been horrible.... I've lost 6 this year total: Buster, Carmella, Martin, Rocket, Dale and Junior. I only lost 2 last year, Teddy and Jericho and the years before that nobody so I have made the decision that I am not taking in anymore positive kids, my heart can't take it anymore I also have a 9 year old Lhasa Apso that I know is wondering how he ended up in a cat house! He's great with them though, actually he basically ignores them

I've had cats all my life and don't feel complete unless I have at least 1 underfoot, and since taking in Simon I have grown to adore Siamese and hope to have a few healthy ones eventually, but Simon is ornery and I don't think he is going anywhere anytime soon

Katie
As you can see, I did NOT stop taking in FeLV cats, thanks mostly to eilcon!

Tally died later that December and my precious Simon passed away the next July Sapphy was with me for another 2 years! Still have my doggie Vino, who still hasn't figured out how he ended up in the cat house
post #24 of 27
I did! I don't think it was the first thing I posted, but it was shortly after.
post #25 of 27
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kernil View Post
haha nope! One day I just started cruising, and didnt even notice there was a forum to introduce yourself. maybe its not too late yet!
Hey I don't think it's too late for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaffacake View Post
( Poxy computer Ok, for the second time...)

You are so right. This is definatley the friendliest forum I`ve come across.

I wanted to join a few othes like for photography and LJ but some people were so rude! The worrying thing was it seemed to be power hungry mods laying into people for tiny mistakes or people with superiority complexes who get their kicks from picking on people. So yeah, I just stay here!
It sure is the friendliest! Everyone is so rude on other forums! Their way is the only way you should do whatever it is you're doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiemae1277 View Post
I did! my very first post was in the NCOTB forum

As you can see, I did NOT stop taking in FeLV cats, thanks mostly to eilcon!

Tally died later that December and my precious Simon passed away the next July Sapphy was with me for another 2 years! Still have my doggie Vino, who still hasn't figured out how he ended up in the cat house
He still doesn't know how he ended up in the cat house!
post #26 of 27
I remember calling myself the Newbie in my introduction...so yep, I had one
post #27 of 27
Never had one myself... so you're not alone.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Did you introduce yourself to TCS?