We made a Offer on another House

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We offered more then asking price. We should know on Monday if teh bank accepts our offer.

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mews2much

We offered more then asking price. We should know on Monday if teh bank accepts our offer.
More than the asking price? I didn't think that that was necessary in CA. Is there just so much of a demand in the CV because the prices are lower and first time buyers can afford a house?

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It had three offers already. Its because these Houses are cheaper so they get alot of offers. The House we decided not to make a offer on has 7 offers now. These are all bank owned Houses.

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That house isn't old at all!!!! We're renting a 1903 house, now that's old! IMO a house built before 1960 is a newish house, and one built in 1984 is nearly new

It's a really nice looking house! And it was built long enough ago, that it should last. Good luck and I hope you get it! The yard and landscaping is beautiful.

Your real estate is so much different out there than it is in Iowa!!! Around here you always offer $5,000 to $10,000 less than asking price. My futer MIL offered $10,000 less than asking price and they accepted it that day.

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by EnzoLeya

That house isn't old at all!!!! We're renting a 1903 house, now that's old!

It's a really nice looking house! And it was built long enough ago, that it should last. Good luck and I hope you get it! The yard and landscaping is beautiful.
Well, I know that...
the house i grew up in is from the 1910's or so (never was a permit for it, as it was built before my hometown became an actual incorporated city). But even at 20-odd years old, it is 'dated' in its style and can have its own quirks...

It looks good... hope you get this one!!

A.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Very nice looking house! I hope you get it!

I was looking at the price. Here that house wouldn't sell for less than $175,000 or even more. House prices here are absolutely over the moon!

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well hopefully you get it!!! Even around here that is a fair price! So it must be a steal in your area!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had the happen to us. We really liked the house, but someone offered more. On the one we have now - no one else put in an offer and ours was accepted. IMO God didn't want us to have that first house....

Hope the next one is the right one for you all

BTW did I miss the link to the house? I don't see pictures

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I took the link out because it has the Address. I will post Pics later. We have to leave to go to a Baseball game name now.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here is some info on the House. Is there anyway I can post Pics with out putting them in m Photo Bucket?
Property Features
Single Family Property
County: Stanislaus
Year Built: 1984
2 total bedroom(s)
2 total bath(s)
2 total full bath(s)
Approximately 1122 sq. ft.
Single story
Type: Detached, Zero lot line
Living room
Fireplace(s)
Fireplace features: Gas Piped, Living Room
2 car garage
Attached parking
Heating features: Central
Central air conditioning
Interior features: Carpet Floor(s), Laminate floor(s), Linoleum/vinyl Floor(s), 220 Volt hook-up, Laundry in garage, Dining Area In Kitchen, Shower stall(s) in Master Bath, Tile, Ceiling fan(s), Full dual pane
Exterior features: F & R Auto Sprinkler, Fenced back, Public water
Exterior construction: Stucco, Concrete Slab Foundation
Roofing: Shingle/Composition
Lot is 3920 sq. ft.
Approximately 0.09 acre(s)
Lot size is less than 1/2 acre

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If it has what you want, then its the right one. For us, we had minimum amount of square feet (2000) and certain size rooms. With less then the 2000 square feet, your rooms are gonna be rather small.

Have you looked at the house in person to see what is really there and how "roomy" it really is. Sometimes on paper sounds better then in person. We looked at one house that had what we wanted - but when we looked at it in person, the rooms felt smaller then was was indicated. And we are not big people!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

If it has what you want, then its the right one. For us, we had minimum amount of square feet (2000) and certain size rooms. With less then the 2000 square feet, your rooms are gonna be rather small.

Have you looked at the house in person to see what is really there and how "roomy" it really is. Sometimes on paper sounds better then in person. We looked at one house that had what we wanted - but when we looked at it in person, the rooms felt smaller then was was indicated. And we are not big people!
it's about 200 square feet bigger than mine, but it has 1 more bathroom.
i think my bedrooms are big enough, but all i do in there is sleep & get dressed. if i were a bedroom liver, they'd be too small. & my bath is quite small, as well...

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We did see it and the Master Bedroom is big. The other room is smaller but its ok. We really liked the House. I am in Apartment now that is a little smaller. We like this House way better then the other one we have a offer in on. The Cabinets are Country Style. There are not many Houses in our price range either. I am also thinking of getting a small Dog. The yard is good. We always look at the Houses before we make a offer. Its nice and clean inside also.