Onyx, the great dane, is living in peace with the kitties!

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, it seems as though he's maybe not cat aggressive, he just needed to be told cats aren't toys. I'm so happy everything is working out! I spoke with my mother today and she said she's had the cats and Onyx loose in the house for the past few days. The cats have been keeping to themselves, but he'll bark at them if they fluff up at him. We think he's maybe a little afraid of them when they look scary! When I was on the phone with her, one of the cats walked right up to him wanting to be pet
She rubbed on his legs and he didn't do anything but sniff her.

Sounds good right?!

belongstoevie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's so great! I'm glad they're getting along well so far. I'm sure I don't need to mention it, but still be careful and don't leave them alone together! (Sorry, can't help but mention it anyway!)

That things continue along so well!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know what you mean. I said the same thing to my mom. She says she knows there is a chance he might hurt one of them, but she thinks it would be in play.

My mom has two incubators (sp?) and hatches all sorts of baby chicks, pheasants, ducks, geese, turkies, etc. They stay in the house in a couple tubs till they are old enough to live in a cage on the farm. The turkies love to find a way out of the tub walk around and eventually get back in the tub. Onyx hasn't hurt any of them! He'll check on them now and again in the tub and when they are out he's careful not to step on them.

I'm not sure he has an aggressive bone in his body!

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went down to visit yesterday and I was able to see them getting along in person!!! I just can't believe it! The cats could actually run right past him and he wouldn't do anything! The only thing is that if they hiss or growl at him he barks like crazy. When my 12 year old sister yells ONYX he stops right away and leaves the cat alone!

belongstoevie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yay! Isn't in nice when everyone gets along? If your sister keeps that up, he'll even stop barking soon. It's so great he found a good home and it's all working out!

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by BelongsToEvie

Yay! Isn't in nice when everyone gets along? If your sister keeps that up, he'll even stop barking soon. It's so great he found a good home and it's all working out!
I hope your right! He barks at everything! Birds, rabbits, anything outside! My sister is doing really well with him though. She doesn't even have to be in the same room when she yells and he'll quit! I think he really like kids!

faith's_mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I wondered what went on with the boy! So glad everything is working out so far